Pick A Side - Technoblade

[5/31/21]

I'm working on this until I find my motivation for my other book

but hey, I'm having fun over here so it's chill rn

requested by @KnightTimeNow

-

"Y/n where are we going?"

Y/n looks down at Michael, who is walking beside her, with a sympathetic look as she gives his hand a small squeeze.

"You're going to stay with a friend of mine," She explains kindly. "Your dads are going to be really busy for the next couple of days, so you're going to stay with my friend Karl until things calm down, okay?"

"Is he nice?"

"He's super nice, don't worry," Y/n assures him. "He lives in a library too. You like reading, right?"

"Mhm!"

She smiles at the small piglin's carefreeness about the situation.

But in reality, everything was much more dire than the others thought. She was taking Micheal to Karl under Tubbo and Ranboo's request in order to keep him safe.

The previous night, Sam had showed up to Snowchester in a panic because Dream had escaped the prison. No one knows how he did it or where he went afterwards. But no one felt safe after that.

Karl was the one person that Y/n felt would be a less-likely target for Dream, so she offered to take Micheal to Kinoko Kingdom in order to keep him safe until the danger passed.

When she arrives, Karl is happy to take care of Michael for a while. Y/n gives the piglin child a pat on the head before leaving him in the care of the librarian and leaving to return to her friends.

As she walks down the wooden prime path back in the direction of Snowchester, an eerie feeling begins to sink into her, as if she was being followed.

Y/n rests her hand on the sword sheathed at her belt just in case. But after looking around, she sees no one around her at all. Maybe it was just paranoia setting in because of Dream's escape, but still, a chill runs down her spine.

Her suspicions are confirmed when someone suddenly claps a hand over her mouth, wraps an arm around her, and drags her into the woods nearby.

They let her go again, and Y/n springs around with her sword raised, only to find that Technoblade was the one who had taken her.

"Don't scare me like that!" She snaps angrily while putting her sword back in it's sheath again.

"Sorry, I didn't want to be seen," Techno replies, smiling softly in amusement at her anger. "I wasn't gonna hurt you, you know?"

"Yeah I know, otherwise I would have stabbed you the moment you let me go," Y/n runs her fingers through her hair before wrapping her arms around him tightly. "I'm glad you're okay..."

"You're worried about Dream, huh?" He asks softly while gently hugging her back.

"I know that you guys are actually in decent terms, but yeah, I was still worried..." She mumbles in tot he fabric of his shirt. "I was going to check on you and Phil once I made sure everyone else was okay..."

"And what about you?" Techno pushes her away to look at her, taking ahold of her hands in comfort. "Are you okay?"

"N-Not really..." Y/n looks down at the ground. "I didn't sleep last night...and I've been trying to make sure everyone's okay, so I haven't had much down time..."