Reunion - Quackity

[6/14/21]

requested by @HelenaOsk2

I was gonna sleep but my brain was just like "make things you coward" and so I finished this and a whole chapter for my other book and now I'm making an animation meme-

brain no want sleep. brain want the grind

-

Quackity laughs as he Tommy walk through the streets of Las Nevadas, engaged in a light conversation about their own lives. It's the middle of winter, so a thin layer of snow is on the ground, accompanying the frigid air around them.

Every once and while, Tommy would show up for a visit out of curiosity of how the casino-building was going, and of course, it's owner was happy to talk about it.

Quackity was happy at Las Nevadas. He had almost everything he wanted; authority, money, and a reputation for winning in poker. Everything was almost perfect.

Except one thing...

"Why did you build this place anyway?" Tommy asks coincidentally out of the blue.

"Money, obviously," Quackity jokes with a laugh.

"No seriously," The boy continues. "I wanna know,"

He sighs a little before scratching the back of his neck. "It's stupid..."

"Lots of things are stupid. I'm sure it's not that bad,"

"That's- okay fine, I'll tell you," Quackity mumbles. "But I'll have to start from the beginning..."

-

"Is that everything?" Quackity calls into the box-filled house.

"I think so!" A female voice replies from upstairs just before Y/n stumbles down with a final box in her hands. He quickly runs over to take it from her before she can drop it.

"I've got it-!"

"Thanks," Y/n chirps and takes a seat on the stairs while he puts the box with some of the others. Quackity then comes back over to sit beside her.

"I'm gonna be glad when this is all over," He remarks with a heavy sigh.

"Don't worry, we'll be in a new place in L'Manberg before you know it, Mr. Vice President," Y/n says with a small smile evident on her face. "And then we don't have to move ever again because packing things is the worst..."

"You would technically be the second then, right?" Quackity chuckles.

"Well we aren't married yet," She replies, carrying out the 'yet' to tease him a little.

"We're halfway there, technically," He takes her hands and gives her a small peck on the cheek. "Once things settle down in L'Manberg from the election, we can finally get married,"

"Deal," Y/n giggles before leaning her head on his shoulder. Quackity wraps an arm around her waist, but keeps ahold of her left hand. Every so often, he would caress the engagement ring on her finger. It wasn't anything fancy. However, the way his fiancée smiled when she looked at it made it all worth it.

"I need to go into town for a few things before we leave," He adds after they sit in silence for a while. "Want to come?"

"I have some things I need to finish up here, Q, so I'll pass," Y/n replies.

She follows him to the door anyway to see him out. Quackity gives her an affectionate kiss before grabbing his cloak and walking out the door.

-