Chapter Nineteen

Hey everyone!

I just want to thank everyone who has commented, fanned and voted for this story! Thank you so much!!

I am apologising in advance for any spelling mistakes that may be in this book, I am my own editor and sometimes I miss something.

This chapter is quiet long so yeah please and enjoy and:

COMMENT

FAN

VOTE <3

Isabella xx

**************************************************************************************************************

ANNABELLE’S POV:

I sit there on the couch with my head in my hands, trying to control my breathing, as Charlie rubs soothing circles on my back. It has been two hours since Daniel called and I still feel like I’m going into shock, I grab the glass of water off Charlie and take a large drink before standing up on shaky feet.

‘I would like to go home now’ I say and he nods and goes to get Connor, from Scarlett.

‘You OK?’ Cole asks

‘No, not really, he knows where I am now’ I say and he frowns

‘Did he hurt you? Is that why you ran away?’ he asks

‘No. But he did hurt me, just not physically’ I say, then I thank him for letting me stay and walk out of the house with Charlie and my son, I still find it a bit weird that I have a son, even if he isn’t my own, but I wouldn’t change him for the world.

‘You going to be OK?’ Mia asks, as I put Connor in my bed, he sleeps with me some nights and in his crib other nights.

‘I’ll be fine, go get some rest’ I kiss her cheek and she walks out of the room

‘You’re not going to leave are you?’ Xavier asks, sitting down on my bed

‘Nah, I can’t keep running, I have a son now, I have to be responsible’ I say and smile a little and Xavier chuckles softly

‘We are so proud of you, you know?’ he says softly and pulls me in for a hug

‘You shouldn’t be, I’m a mess’ I say sourly

‘No you’re not, you are extremely strong, physically and mentally, always remember that’ he kisses the top of my head and walks out of the room.

After an hour of just lying there trying to get to sleep, I hear a knock at my door and Charlie pops his head in and I smile and pat the space next to me, on the other side of Connor, he nods and slides into bed and I snuggle back into his chest. Charlie is like a best friend and a brother all in one, he makes me feel safe and happy and always knows what to say and when to stay quiet. His mate will be one lucky girl and I hope she knows that, he pulls Connor and I closer so that he is hugging us both and we fall asleep, to the sound of the wind rustling through the trees and the steady breathing of my son.

‘GET OFF HER!’ I hear someone bellow and my eyes fly open in time to see Charlie ripped out of bed and lying on the floor with a bloody lip.

Connor starts to cry and I pull him to my chest ‘Shh baby, it’s OK, mummy is here’ I say softly and Daniel freezes mid-step and turns to face me and I feel my heart shatter a little, as I look at him.

Why is he here? Why does he even care?! He takes a step forward and I shield Connor away from him, with my body. Charlie is instantly in front of me, protecting Connor and I, from Daniel, Daniel’s eyes flash black and he takes another step forward