Chapter 14

Gabriel POV

The sound of  a light breeze blowing through the tree tops added to the majesty of this peaceful dream. 

I was laying in a grassy meadow, staring up at the fluffy cloud formations. It looked like it might rain soon. White, rose-like flowers bloomed low to the ground. Strong aromas of earth and wildflowers wafted in the air. 

"What are you thinking about?" 

I knew that voice. But it sounded different, younger and a bit more feminine. My head turned to the side, my eyes met with shimmering red orbs. I knew that face, a smile pulled the corners of my mouth. He looked much younger, seeming to be no older than fifteen or sixteen; but still just as beautiful. He was laying next to me, his raven black hair was now significantly longer than before and fanned out in loose waves around his head.

"Hello, Azrael." I whispered.

He raised an eyebrow. A cloud was blown away from the sun just then and illuminated his stunning, white skin. His lustrous hair shifted as he moved, framing his face. 

He was magnificent.

"Azrael?" He questioned, propping up on his elbow. An amused, wanting spark flickered in his eye as he inched my body closer to him by my waist. His knee slid between my legs. Though he was younger, there was still such a vast contrast in our height.  

In the distance, a woman's voice called out for the prince. Neither of us paid any mind to it, barely an after thought. Somehow I knew that right now, we were hiding from his governess. This was something we often did. To be alone with each other in our secret, little meadow, away from the world. 

I am his advocate.

His other half. 

He quickly closed the remaining distance between our faces, brushing his nose against mine. His actions made my stomach flutter. A breathy laugh escaped me. I traced my fingertips along the sharp edge of his jaw.  

"How odd," He sighed as he pressed a gentle kiss to my cheek.

"There is someone in the real world that calls me by that name as well. I find a lot of you in him, you know?" His piercing eyes watch me with a sorrowful glint.

He hid it well, yet I still caught it. My arms shot up and wrapped around his shoulders, beckoning him to rest his head on my chest. And there we stayed, his body slumped against mine, I slowly stroked the back of his hair. 

"Why are you sad?" I trilled with a softness in my voice I found I could only speak to him with.

Azrael shifted in my arms so as to meet my gaze. 

"Your face... No matter how hard I try, I fear I am slowly forgetting your face. My memories are all I have left of you." He looked so tired now, like a soldier. 

I smoothed the worry from his brow with a kiss. 

"I'm right here, my dear Bel."

'My Bel?'

Oh, that's right. His name.

I remembered something.