Chapter 17

Eva POV

I awoke to a splitting headache, so I rolled off the couch and lumbered into the kitchen in search of a glass of water.
My ears perked at the sound of heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. Expecting to see a sleepy headed Gabe, I was jolted with shock as I watched a complete stranger descending from the second floor.

My first observation was that he was extremely tall, broad, and muscular.

Wearing nothing but boxers.

Glossy, midnight hair spilled in thick waves down his back and over his shoulders; framing his face.
The stranger had chiseled, Slavic, features. Well defined jaw, high cheekbones, a long, straight nose, and full lips.

His sharp, red eyes drooped with morning sleepiness.

Eyes aren't supposed to be red.

Thick, black horns twisted around his head like a heart-shaped crown.

People aren't supposed to have horns.

He didn't look at me, instead reaching past me to fill a tall glass of water until it overflowed. I watched his Adam's apple bob as he chugged it down.

Why was I just standing there, staring like an idiot when there was a strange, half-naked man wandering around Gabe's house?

His eyes slid to meet my gaze, those lustrous lips curled into a soft smile.

"Good morning, Miss," he politely greeted.

The shock of such a velvety deep voice startled me enough for my arm to jerk up and chuck my empty glass at his head.
By the time it left my hand, I already regretted it.

With a horrible 'clank', it ricochetted off his horn, clattered to the ground and rolled across the floor.

We both watched as it continued rolling out of the kitchen and into the living room.

I looked up. His face was otherwise blank, but a twinkle of amusement glinted in his eyes.

"Milady, please." He reprimanded, sighing in exasperation.

I sucked in a breath, stomped right past him, and charged up the stairs; yelling.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAABE?!" I shrieked, storming into his bedroom.

All I could see was a tuft of messy, red fluff poking out a mound of blankets. I immediately jumped on him, violently shaking his little body awake.

His head flopped back and forth.

"WHAT WHAT WHAT!?" He gasped.

"There's some perverted weirdo wandering around your house!"

Gabe's naked arm shot out from the blankets and palmed me in the face.

"Eva," he groaned.

"I love you and I'm happy to see you. But it's too early in the morning for this much excitement."
I nodded and he released my face. There was a soft russling behind me. That guy casually sauntered across the room while fastening the belt buckle on his trousers and quietly chuckling to himself.
Now fully clothed.

Gabe sat up, loosely wrapped in a blanket burrito, his sleepy head lolling to the side. That's when I finally spied all the hickies and bite marks littered all over his neck and collarbone.

Not only that, but the stranger leaned down, ran a hand through Gabe's hair and pressed a gentle kiss to his temple.

"Morning, my love," the stranger cooed.
With a rather content smile on his lips, Gabe turned to brush his nose along the horned man's jaw.
"Morning, my Bel," he breathed.