Chapter 18

warning: this chapter contains sexual content, viewer discretion advised.

Gabriel POV

Two days.

All we have left is two days.

I skipped school, choosing instead to spend the whole day on a date.

We started the morning making breakfast together.
Dancing about and laughing. Just having fun.

He really was a terrible cook. But that's okay.

I chose to sit on his lap as we ate.

"Who are you looking forward to seeing when you get back?" I asked, sawing off a bite of my French toast charcoal briquette and slathering it in maple syrup, trying to make it a smidge more palatable.

Bel took a long moment to gather his words.

"My... Brothers, I have missed the most. I know they were not at fault for what happened," he began.

I scrunched my brows.

"How do you mean?"

"I was poisoned in a way that blinded me of my most powerful senses. A way only the king and a few court members knew how,"

"You think the king did this?"

His head tilted in contemplation. Then a low growl rumbled in his his chest.

"The king is conniving, but a pompous fool. He wouldn't have the capacity to orchestrate something of this magnitude. This betrayal runs far deeper than just his pettiness.
And happening so soon after the queen's assassination can not be a mere coincidence."

I nibbled on my toast, feeling the air around us crackle with electricity.

Oh boy.

"I, I am afraid. The king will never step down from his throne. I must take the crown by force."

"What's the plan?"

"Settling things peacefully is no longer an option. Righting the wrongs of my father will take blood shed. The generals will be quick to rally to my side, as well as the people."

We fell silent for a while, his arm cradling my side flexed and tightened. His nails gently grazed along my thigh.

"And I suppose I miss my horse, Toradon," He huffed, a hint of his usual playfulness brightening his voice again.

Toradon.

I focused long and hard on that name until a flash of grey and silver fur popped in my head.

"Toradon? You still have him?"

Another image came to mind, big, pink nostrils and long, white whiskers.

"You had a habit of twisting his whiskers into a little mustache and chanting how handsome he was," Bel sighed, tucking my head under his chin.

"And you would braid his mane, and tie it up in lovely silk ribbons," He trailed on in a kind of sing-song tone.

I closed my eyes, trying to picture it.

"Though I am ashamed to admit that I became a tad jealous at times," He grumbled.

Jealous of a horse.

Suddenly feeling the need to tease him, I twirled a lock of his long hair around my finger and pressed it to my smiling lips; making sure he watched.

"You're right, though, if the opportunity were to arise, I'd take my time to tie you in lovely silk ribbons~."

Pulling on that lock, making him bow his head to me so I could nip the point of his ear. Feeling his startled breath on my neck.