A trip of nostalgia, I guess?

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M SO EXCITED! SECOND PUBLISHED CHAPTER! KYAAAAAAAA! (And no, I'm not a girl)

So, you guys know that I dazzled the children? Well, I kinda left on a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaly bad note. Luckily, bribery was on my side. COOKIES

C1: Bye, Y/N!

C2: Thank you for the cookies!

C3: We'll miss you!

Y/N: Don't tell Ms. Cocolia! I'll be sending you treats every week! And tell her I said thank you for everything!

Children: We will!

Y/N: Keep an eye on Bronya, Seele, Rozaliya, Liliya, and Sin for me, okay?!

Children: Okay!

And so, my journey begins. And no, I do not play Homumon. I was more focused on having a life. Well, maybe. If you call working out the entire time having a life , then yeah. I looked down to the long box I held in my arms and looked to the sun's direction.

Y/N: When the time comes, I hope you can protect me.

With my money I worked hard for... just kidding. It was in the box. I managed to get out of the city. I looked out the window and see the orphanage below.

Y/N: I'll miss you all. Yae Village, I hope you have answers, because this box came from you.

Timeskip...

I was already at the village after I landed. I looked around to see the shrine above the stairs at the back of the village.

Y/N: This looks like a common village. What was so special about it? Why was I instructed to come here?

I made my way to the shrine. I looked at it, slowly covered in dirt and the ground littered in leaves, dirt, and etc. I felt a presence lurking in here, but not here at the same time.

Y/N: Hmph! This is a shrine! A shrine should be cleaned and respected! I shall clean it!

I looked over at a wall, a broom leaning on it. The broom looked old, but sturdy. It must've been recent. I grabbed it and swept. The leaves piling up, dirt and dust densely but slightly hovered over the ground as I swept.

Y/N: Man, this mess must've been years old! The dirt is harder than that cookie Sin made!

Timeskip...

I smiled at the thought of what the girls were doing. Liliya and Sin fighting, Bronya and Seele probably being together, Rozaliya being Rozaliya, and Cocolia taking care of the place.

Y/N: I will get stronger! I will fight for your future! Haha!

I clenched my fist in the air and smiled in determination. I heard small giggling over at the stairs. I saw a little girl giggling at the shout of confidence.

Y/N: Hello, child!

She jumped from the startling shout and ran down the stairs. I chased after her, telling her to wait.

Y/N: Young girl! Wait!

She tripped on her own foot and began to fall down. I grabbed her shoulder and pulled her into my chest, softening the fall of the stairs. At the final step, I opened my arms and let her go.

???: A-Are you okay, sir?!

Y/N: That did not feel good! Not one bit of it! But I'm okay!

I got up and dusted myself off.

Y/N: What's your name, young girl?!

Lily: I-I'm Lily. Um, thank you for saving me.

Y/N: I'm Y/N! Nice to meet you, Lily! Can you tell me about the shrine up there?