w h y d i d y o u l e a v e ?

The weekend arrived the day after and Junpei had decided to join her to join her dad today. Junpei didn't say it but yesterday was one of the best days in his life, he felt this warm kindness from both of these people which he had never felt before, they talked for hours about movies, his favorite things. 

When Y/n told Hiroshi that Junpei was being bullied and she had stood up for him her dad swelled up with pride and then clamed that he was going to kill them himself.

These people were healing him.

---

"Junpei! Fancy seeing you here at the hospital!"

"Not like we arranged this at all!"

They entered the building together, once again the nurses greeted Y/n with a smile and let her pass as they knew she was a regular, she rushed to her fathers room with Junpei behind her, she thought to let Wasuke know she was going to pop in first though.

"Hey Grandpa! Just gonna let you know I'm passing by soon!"

"DON'T PLEASE!"

"Love you too!"

She went next door to her father who looked overjoyed to see them, he looked worse.

"Dad! How are you?"

"Brilliant! Hello Yoshino, are you going to be visiting more often too?"

Junpei looked to Y/n who just looked ahead waiting for his answer.

"I-I mean if I'm allowed I guess..." He stared at Y/n who turned to look at him, her crimson eyes looked into his for a second before she smiled joyfully.

"Of course! I'd get out whilst I can if I was you though."

---

"Dad I swear to god you're cheating. How do you always win at Uno?" She spoke as she packed away, Junpei had left a few hours before because his mum wanted him back, Y/n thought he was lying but decided to push it no further. Once again she drew the curtains to reveal the beautiful sky.

"I already told you I'm just too superior for you."

"Of course," She facepalmed, "How could I forget."

Y/n looked to the canvas' in the corner, the ones that her dad couldn't paint anymore and looked back to the view. She had always been talented in painting, her Dad had been a great influence to her. She picked up the canvas and paints which were in the corner and set it up infront of the window, she started to paint silently.

"Hey, Y/n."

"Mhm."

"I know that I am not your real dad but I hope that I filled that role, I know that you're strong and caring and that you will succeed in life and I want you to protect the people you love with everything you have. I didn't and I regret It even now , try to protect the people you can, even if you don't know who they are. I'm glad you're with me. I love you Y/n."

"Why're you being so soppy dad. Love you too though. Also I will."

And so Hiroshi's eyes started to close as he listened to his daughters voice and gazed at her beautiful painting. He was complete. He was happy. He was peaceful.

And so Hiroshi greeted death with open arms as his body became still and unmoving in his bed, 'I kept my promise. I'll be by her.'

---

"Dad! I finished the painting!" She turned to him, his eyes where closed, as if he had simply fallen asleep, a ghost of a smile fading on his face, "Dad? Did you fall asleep?" She shook his limp body and whimpered.

"Dad, I finished the painting. Did you hear me?" She shook him again, again and again. She picked up the emergency phone and tried to speak calmly.

"Hiroshi. He's dead."

The nurses came in and rushed her outside, next door was also going through the same frantic procedure, she turned back to her dads room. Wait. Wasuke. Itadori was rushed out of the room, he held his head up to the roof and didn't even notice her. Wasuke. What's wrong with Wasuke. What's wrong with my Grandpa?

Y/n rushed to the window and immediately covered her mouth as strangled sobs escaped her mouth, she sank down to her knees and started to sob uncontrollably. The two most important people in her life had died in the same day, Itadori also started to cry silently as he let her cry in his chest.

They both gave each other a immense amount of support that day without even realizing it.

Protect people.  

I promise I will.