a y a

She sent a text to Gojo telling him what she had seen in the cinema, he said he was on it before she completely ghosted his texts as she watched the small 'family.' Of course she had no resentment for the kids, or even the man because she had a small feeling they didn't even know who's grave they were staring at.

The anger boiled up every second, she was laughing at his grave.  Y/n's trainers tapped against the concrete floor as she walked toward them, she stood behind the unnoticing family.

"Aya." The middle aged woman with her black hair and her bright green eyes turned to the direction her name was called. She was surprised, surprised at how much older Y/n looked.

"Who's this?" The man spoke, his hand slinging over Aya's shoulder and pulling her in his chest, this children that were previously playing stopped.

"I'm her-"

"I don't know her." Aya cut her off, her head turning away from Y/n.

"Okay. I get it, you don't want to say. Can we just speak?"

Her mother was also shocks at the sudden maturity, turning to look the girl in the eyes, Aya couldn't help see the vulnerability present in her eyes. She looked like a frightened child.

"I-yeah. Yeah. I-I'll be back, Daniel. Oh no! I'll be fine!" Y/n stared at Aya, she looked happier. She looked with more compassion in her green eyes, but this didn't excuse the situation.

They walked side by side in silence for a few minutes, it wasn't awkward, nor comfortable. "You look happier."

Aya smiled softly, "I am." Turning to Y/n a newfound softness appeared on her face, "Really, I am. I guess you want a explanation, huh?"

"Yeah."

The two sat down on a nearby bench, Y/n hugged her knees as she sat on the bench and stared into the sky.

"Been a pretty shit mom, haven't I?"

"Yeah."

Aya laughed bitterly, "I-I'm sorry."

In all of Y/n's time living under the same roof as Aya, those words had never come out of her mouth, it meant a lot, though she didn't show it and looked into the sky as the sun slowly but surely started to disappear behind the trees. Birds and butterflies fluttered in the nearby trees as, Y/n looked into the orange sky.

"Daniel, is my husband." Aya side eyed Y/n's blank face. Y/n's fist involuntarily clenched.

"He was my husband before Hiroshi died too. The thing is, me and Hiroshi were never together in the first place. We were both looking after you as someone's request. We both wanted you to grow up in a loved and perfect environment." Again, she laughed bitterly, "Look how that went."

Aya turned to the orange sky too, admiring the sunset. How ironic was this, she was talking to the mother she had hated for so long a short while away from her fathers grave. Then again, he had always said they'd make up one day.

"Hiroshi never quite found his soulmate before he died, but I did. I was unhappy before that, and took out all my anger on you. I was proud. That day you told me you stuck up for that boy. But I was angry too." 

"Mhm."

"You left after that. Before I could tell you about everything. I come to visit him because he was a kind man, he didn't deserve to get that illness."

"I know." Y/n said quietly, her eyes watering at the remembrance of her father and the sudden decline of his health. 

"Daniel really helped me.  I was selfish before that. I'm ashamed of that. I hope we can get along soon."

"Same. I'd like that." She said, smiling up to the sky as silent tears rolled down her cheeks. Feeling a slow pressure on her shoulder Y/n turned to see Aya leaning on her shoulder, the sun reflecting off her tears.

"I'm really happy right now."

"Me too, Aya."

"So. Kids?" Y/n questioned as she listened to the faint shouting and laughing of the children. Aya's body started to shake as she tried to contain her sobs.

"Yeah. Little menaces." Aya's voice cracked at the end as she wiped off her tears.

"Why're you crying."

"I'm happy. I'm glad you're back in my life. I can't believe you're so mature, I-I just-"

"It's okay. I've been doing a awful lot of growing up lately."

I will protect these people with my life, Dad. Anyone I can, I'll save. I'll get stronger, I promise.