c i n e m a

Before Todo could bring his fist to punch Fushiguro, a voice shouted out from infront of him, "Don't move."

Todo was forcibly stopped by Inumaki Toge, the cursed speech user. Panda then jumped up from behind Toge and brought his own fist to hit Todo, "Whew, just barely safe."

Inumaki crouched to the injured girl tilting his head, "Mustard leaf?!"

Y/n had spent much time with Toge recently so she had basically figured out his vocabulary and what he was trying to say, she smiled, "I'm fine, thanks!" She got up and leaned on Toge and Fushiguro for support. Todo spat out blood before wiping him mouth, "Long time no see, Panda."

"Why can't you just wait until the event?" Panda said in a almost tired matter, as if it had been done before. "Go on home before I start screaming 'No!'"

"You don't have to tell me to go home. Where did I put my jacket?"

Y/n looked dumbstruck at the man, he had beaten her half to death, then acted like it hadn't happened. He looked back at them placed in hand behind his neck, "Guess it wont be so boring. Tell Okkotsu to participate too."

"I Panda. No understand your speaking??"

"Salmon."

Todo left the group, the two boys and Panda turned to her.

"Please never do that again." Fushiguro stated looking at her bleeding head, he hated seeing others in pain because of him, especially her.

"What save your life? Can't count on it!"

"We should take you to the infirmary."

---

Y/n lay on her bed petting Fushiguro's divine dog which she had named Grim just because it sounded cool whilst she texted Junpei who was frantically messaging her back probably due to her absence.

break a leg: i actually can't train atm so i can come down tomorrow??

jun-kun: really?? do it!!

---

The next day Y/n made her way down to where Junpei lived to visit him, she was excited to say the least, it had been too much time since she had seen him. She knocked on his door to hear faint shouting and banging before Junpei answered the door out of breath and panting.

"Long time no see bro-"

She was engulfed in a warm hug, she smiled lightly. How long had it been?

"You missed me, huh?"

"Of course I did! It's been too long!"

Junpei broke the hug, Y/n felt cold for a second. She put her hand on her chin, "Shall we go to the Cinema? Human Earthworm 3 is out!"

"Yeah! Let's go!"

The whole walk was filled with laughter which felt foreign to them both, it had been a while since they both laughed this hard. When they got to the cinema the woman that they had to get the tickets from had headphones in so she couldn't hear Junpei's asking for a ticket. In pure annoyance Y/n banged on the glass barrier.

The woman turned to the banging she could faintly hear and met the blood-red eyes of Y/n, hesitantly the woman took her headphones off.

"Give us two tickets." Y/n spoke rudely but the girl couldn't care less, the woman should've been listening and maybe she would have gotten a kinder approach.

"3,600 yen, p-please!"

"Sure." Y/n handed her the money in exchange for the tickets and went inside with Junpei.

---

It sucked. The movie sucked and the people inside sucked and she was sure Junpei was thinking the same thing. They couldn't hear the movie at all due to some rowdy teenagers in the back.

"Sucks, doesn't it."

"The movie and them suck."

Standing up Y/n turned to them, "Oi! If you brats aren't out of here or quiet by the time I get back I'll murder you." She said seriously pointing a finger at them, she leaned down to Junpei.

"Just going to the toilet."

Junpei nodded as she went off, the teenagers immediately after she left started to continue their conversation which now included how hot Y/n was.

Junpei was getting annoyed by the very minute he couldn't handle these arrogant being if only they'd just die. Infront of him someone approached the three teenagers before leaning down to them and saying something before placing his hand on their faces before leaving.

Silence.

Junpei went to see what had happened to the three, he saw something no human could do, Their faces were deformed, one with a enlarged eye out the side of its head, one face had been stretched out and the last had a dent in the top of its skull. That person. No that wasn't a person. Thing must've done this. Junpei ran and followed where his feet took him.

---

Y/n came back from using the toilet to find the three deformed bodies, she nearly screamed out loud before seeing Junpei was no longer here, then followed where her feet took her.

---

"Did you do that?"

"And so what if I did? Where those three special to you?"

The rain started to pour from the sky as Junpei remembered the time they beat him worse then ever after Y/n left. It made him feel useless, that he couldn't stick up for himself, that he couldn't simply bang on the glass like she had, that he couldn't tell the bullies to shut up. He wanted to be able to protect her instead of her doing it for him all the time.

"Wanna know how to do that~"

---

Y/n couldn't find Junpei, he sent her a text saying he was okay and had to meet someone last minute, so she was left on her own. She decided to visit Hiroshi and Wasuke while she was down there and so made her way to the graveyard. She messaged Fushiguro on the way which passed the time quickly. When she got there though she saw something she couldn't prepare herself for.

There was her 'mother' with a man and children standing by the grave and the children. They looked exactly like her.