Scaramouche x Kazuha Chapter 19 Third Person POV

Scaramouche awoke the next morning to see Kazuha still resting his head on his shoulder. He smiled slightly and went in, not noticing Kazuha had awoken.

Scaramouche quickly crept into the fatui headquarters, noticing the same worker who he had talked with the previous day.

The worker waved him over. "Hello master Scaramouche, you look happier than usual."

"-sigh- well what do you need?" She chuckled at his response and showed him a document, her expression turning back to seriousness.

Scaramouche's eyes widened in horror but then he closed them and shook his head in irritation. "When will that crazy man- yes nevermind."

"Master Scaramouche, we would also like to review your 'debt collections'." Scaramouche sighed but listened.

What he didn't know was that Kazuha was listening behind a cabinet, interested in any information about the fatui to report to Ningguang. Yes, he did like Scaramouche and it was clear Scaramouche liked him back, but after one problem was solved he needed to find out the killer of his friends.

Scaramouche: "So?"

Fatui Worker: "So, recently it has been found that you have embarked on several debt collecting missions, managing to deal with several people including:

-insert person's name here-

-insert name of Kazuha's friend from the Crux- (of course she was interrupted)

Scaramouche: "Wait, don't say that name out loud... I can't let Kazuha know that-

"Hey are you Kazuha?" Another Fatui agent had crept up on Kazuha, preparing to shower him with questions. "Well, erm yes?" "Wow! I heard you are the ronin from Inazuma? You even have an anemo vision! How'd you get into the fatui?" Scaramouche heard this and looked over, giving Kazuha a slight smile before moving to a different room to finish his conversation.

Kazuha had to deal with this other fatui agent before becoming overly annoyed and just excused himself to go to the forest outside of the fatui building. How beautiful... this was the place where he received his first kiss from the boy he had gotten hanahaki from, but now the problem was resolved and he could focus on his main objective: finding the culprit behind his friends' murders.

"So, are you aware that -insert name of Kazuha's friend- had a numerous amount of debts?" Kazuha jumped behind a tree. This could be the murderer of my friends... he thought.

"Yeah yeah I know, now can you get on with it and just talk about something else?" ...Scaramouche? "-sigh- Master Scaramouche, you don't get my point. The person from the crux you collected debt and killed-" ...Scaramouche collected debt and killed- my friends...? Kazuha slipped off, back into the fatui station.

"Yes I know it was Kazuha's family and the boat I went on with Beidou, your point here?" Scaramouche snapped.

"So...you did know it was Kazuha's family sir?" The fatui agent asked meekly.

"I... realized yesterday..." he said miserably.

"I-i don't know what to do, or tell him, he might hate me.." Scaramouche said while pacing around.

I've never seen Master Scaramouche like this before... this boy must be special to him, the fatui agent thought.

Meanwhile with Kazuha, he was shocked, annoyed, and sad at the same time. The fact he managed to keep all those mixed feelings inside him without exploding is impressive, but he felt... betrayed by the person he loved.

A few tears slipped down his face. No Kazuha you can't cry, he betrayed you. He thought. But then again I was gonna betray him...

Author's Note:

Cliff hangerrrrrrrrrr, not really now that i think of it but meh [lol] 「UnU」

I actually helped this time UnU - Author #3

MK NEXT CHAPTER

Did yall's hearts break?

(I hope so -Author #1) [there will be more :D, GET YA TISSUES- Author #2]