005

CLAY, Lian, and William mellowing on their beds while reading books after their chat about the training tomorrow. Clay informed her that it was not easy, the trainers are sometimes uncouth. She needed to be careful and don't easily get caught up in their words. A warning that made her unsettled as she stared at the dragon fiction book in hand. The words never sank in as she reads. Also, she recalled how she never saw Jacxo at lunch and dinner, and now it was almost midnight yet he was not around. She asked herself, why she care, he might be loitering in other people's quarters doing miracles. She could imagine since he was young and can do everything he wanted. But, there was a tinge of frustration inside her.

A knock stirred her away from her thoughts, and it knocked again pulling her upright, and then jumped off her bed. Clay and William are both asleep, she remembered seeing them awake a few moments ago, or they are pretending, too lazy to move up.

Why would someone bother to knock, can't they just push the door it's not locked anyway.

She muttered to herself, then walked barefoot towards the door. Outside she saw Jacxo standing in front with his new haircut. Agaped as she looked at him in admiration.

"Hey Lian,"

She quickly shut her mouth, then flashed a straight smile to Mike, who moved to lean on the doorframe.

"I'm sending home my bro—" Mike paused when Jacxo bent forward, placing his forehead on Lian's shoulder. She was so surprised that she froze on the spot yet her hands were raised to hold his both arms.

"—Jacxo," he continued then turned to leave awkwardly.

In that position, Lian could smell his alcohol scent very different from the way he smelled that morning.

Is he always like this?

"Foundling—why do you smell so good?" Jacxo's voice was rasped as he whispered near her neck.

"Wh-at?" She remained frozen too afraid to move.

"Damn it," he cursed, voice still low yet guttural.

With a sigh, he lifted his head up and crawled both hands towards her shoulder to use it as a support. Lian shivered as his palm brushed through her skin, and she hated that feeling so she pushed both hands away. Jacxo outbalanced himself and fell forward. Lian caught him but was overpowered by his weight, so she fell along with him. Bracing herself for the impact, thinking that she would die or worst injured. But Jacxo's hand was on his head, the other arm was on her back. She was fully protected by a drunk guy. Her heartbeat refused to calm despite being fine, and she knew the reason why. Her face brushed on the side of his neck and he was on top of her fully intertwined.

"Argh."

His grumble forced her to look up. His face was contorted. Lian quickly remove her weight from his arms and gently pushed him sideward.  His knuckles and elbows redden because of the impact.

"Are you alright?" She asked, worried.

"What a scene," William voice floated inside the room. That made Lian quickly glance to the side, both him and Clay looked at them like they are an audience in a theater movie.

"Go back to sleep dumbasses," Jacxo hissed while stretching his knuckles. He sat on the floor with Lian who lost words after seeing them both awake.

"I'm alright. Get up, the floor it's cold," he added looking at her.

She nodded while slowly moving up. Jacxo also did the same and then lay down on his bed directly.

 Jacxo also did the same and then lay down on his bed directly