014

7am, usually the normal time for everyone to wake up but Lian woke up minutes earlier. She could still catch up the rise of the sun, but she found herself sitting in the chair, overthinking. Clay and William were sound asleep in their bunk while Jacxo's bed was empty. The blanket she folded yesterday, remained untouched no signs that someone was there last night. After he rushed for Belle at dinner, she never saw him again.

Maybe he's with her right now.

She tried to put aside jealousy because Belle was sick and she didn't have a clue about what was going on with her. She hoped that she was fine now. That, reminded her of the chills she was feeling and the faint throbbing in her head. She was definitely sick, her plan to take a bath was cancelled because she was too tired to do it. She wanted to rest but if she go back to sleep she might not wake up on time.

Her head was resting over the table when she heard a shout making her jerked up. She wearily stood and move out the room to check. Not far from their door a soldier was calling out something that she couldn't perceive right. She then pulled the door close so that Clay and William won't get disturbed and sauntered near one of the soldiers.

"Lian," When she crossed the hallway intersection, she saw Lucas who was calling her.

"What's happening?" She asked.

"Oh-the breakfast will be served early for civilians. I think you got a new schedule for meals. You better get going." He beamed.

She then nodded. She was quite hungry anyway, so it didn't bother her.

"Are you alright? You seem pale." He looked curious as he lean close to check on her.

"I am, it's just the side effect on showering under the rain." She tried to make fun of it but her feeling was actually not good at all.

"That's bad, make sure to rest after you had your breakfast."

"I will, thank you." She responded with a smile. "I'll get going."

Lucas bobbed his head along with a two-finger salute, then walked to the other side of the hallway.

The civilians are quite energetic and all smile today. They looked excited from Lian's eyes and she can't help but take in their energy bringing her to a thought about exploring the island when they arrived there. She wasn't familiar with that place because unlike the other islands in the country that was the inhabited one. The government reserved that place for endangered species and now they will go there as survivors, as endangered humans in the land of dead.

...

She tried her best to at least eat a few but she only managed to took 3 spoons. She was not feeling well and her thoughts were floating. Lips were dry and she could feel her temperature rise, the chills that prickled on her skin were very uncomfortable but she couldn't make it obvious since she didn't want them to be worried. Especially Marry who was already stressed over her kids.

"Lian-"

She whipped her head towards Ana beside her. She pulled Lian's sleeve down that forced her to lean sideways. "Your boyfriend." She whispered close to her ear then bluntly pointed Jacxo's direction who was talking with someone near the door.

Lian heaved a sigh. "He's not my boyfriend, we are just good friends." She explained.

But Ana just frowned at her. "But you like him, your eyes glint when you look at him." She then smiled teasingly.