011

THE thick dark clouds cast shadows over the Shelter's rooftop announcing that the summer was over and a typhoon seemed to come unnoticed. Many vehicles gathered outside the Shelter's ground, along with bustling troops who are unaffected by the coming rain. Inside Lian was standing in the hallway as the soldiers ran hurriedly passed her, and some of them almost bumped her down. She just came out of the bathroom, looking around confused about the rushing people and Jacxo who was gone. He usually waited for her to come out but now he was nowhere to be seen.

"Lian!" Jacxo's familiar voice called in the hallway. She turned and found him walking towards her, in his trooper garb. Her brows drew together, he wasn't supposed to go out today.

"I thought you were staying here?" She asked.

"Emergency, come let's go back in the quarter."

Lian watched both Jacxo and Clay like she was in a ping-pong match. They are walking back and forth in front of her doing their stuff. It was really unusual for them to be in a hurry like this and it bothers her. They seemed to be going on a very important mission and usually important comes along with danger and her heart tightened with that thought.

"Why do all of you need to be sent there?"

"Will Shelter 2 is the closest shelter so he might want to save all the remaining people."

Lian nodded, that made sense. "But that doesn't mean y'all need to go."

Jacxo pulled one of the drawers, picked up his pistol, and grabbed another drawer to pull out a mag. "I think there's a big head in that shelter that he wanted to impress."

"All troopers, soldiers out!" The loud voice thundered outside the hallway.

Clay was alerted and hurriedly grab a mask from the box at the table. "Need to go Lian." She tucked her shirt as she walked towards the door.

"Come back safe," Lian's voice almost didn't reach her.

"Yup, will be back in an hour." She peered in the door, then run off.

Lian's smile faded as she turned her gaze back to Jacxo who now move like he wasn't in a hurry, putting bullets in the mag. "I'll wait, so come back unharmed, okay?"

He eyed her, with hands continuing to do their job. "Do you want me to stay?"

Lian smiled, "Can you?"

"I can, but I wanted you to miss me."

Her smile vanished as soon as she heard it. That was the last response she expected.

"Of course, your sister will miss you, so hurry up fucking Jacxo!" Mike popped out of nowhere, he was leaning casually on the door frame. "You're the only one left and they seem like they don't want to go without you."

"You now enjoyed staying inside huh, unlike before you are obsessed with roaming the country like zombies ain't real." Xborg walked in and also moved to lean on the other side.

"An angel touch him, who removed his zombie obsession." Tristan showed himself, who now stood between the both.

"Killing a member will be my next obsession, I guess." Jacxo slid the gun on its sheath at his leg.

"You guys really need to come back in complete limbs, this shelter really needs comedians." Lian joined.

"Are you mocking us?"

Mike winked at her. "It's a compliment." He nudged Tristan.

"Moved out my way,"

Tristan immediately stepped aside giving Jacxo a space to walk out.