010

THE cold breeze of dawn wind brushed through Lian's cheeks as she locked her gaze on the glimpse of light over the horizon. Even if it was not her desire to wake up early she still managed to keep her eyes open. Given Jacxo who dragged her out of bed a heads up to keep his attention, she might fall back to sleep.

"Did you—" She stood straight after a flick of realization. Aren't I suppose to be angry? What the hell I'm doing here with this guy?

"What?" Jacxo turned her way quickly.

But Lian remained still eyes on him. He was leaning over the parapet resting both elbows on top of it. She tried to scan his body but it was dimmed on where he is. It was hard to find marks of evidence of his last night's affair. Filthy asshole! Her curse nearly reached her mouth.

Without a response, Jacxo rose to his full height towering in front of her. He was in his tight white shirt, his sculpted body was almost visible despite the dimmed light of the lamp nearby. His top was complemented by his gray pajama trouser where he slid his hand inside each pocket. Lian casually moved her gaze back to the sky, ignoring the endearing view in front of her. If she ask about that girl she will sound desperate. She couldn't assume, except for him being a playboy, a valid assumption, for sure.

"What you want?" She asked, her voice was a normal tone.

A few seconds passed before he responded. "Nothing."

Lian then whipped around to face him. "You're supposed to be tired, snorting this time after spending the night on someone—" She caught herself to a stop after her thought slipped out of her tongue. She pursed her mouth taking in the silence after realizing her outburst.

"What?" Jacxo crossed his both arms over his chest, showing an obvious fascination.

She glared at him hating his confidence despite being caught.  "You know what?" She paused with a loud sigh. "I'm going back to sleep."

Before she can move Jacxo's hands were already on her shoulders, ceasing her attempt to leave. He then forced her to turn facing the parapet onto the horizon that showed a radiant sunrise orb on a clear sky. Lian gasped at the view like she had never seen it before. She was always fascinated by the parting of night and day, how the sun outshines all the stars, making them invisible to the eyes. So magical. Her senses soon returned when Jacxo's arms moved around, hands reached his opposite elbow locking her in between, then she felt his body pressed close behind her. An urge to break through was there but she hated the thought of regret, after all his warmth eased the cold breeze.

"Are you jealous, Lian?"

Her breath hitched, and his smirking face flashed on her thought, imagining his reaction after he said it. "No! Why would I?" She exclaimed.

He leaned down to speak closer to her ears. "Great cause I don't want you. Being jealous kinda hurt you know."

"Really I never know that." She moved her hand onto his forearm to pull it, but her strength was not enough to break his hold. "My left temple is throbbing! I want to go back to sleep Jacxo!"

Jacxo held her even tighter despite her raging voice. "Are you familiar with her? She's with you on that time you left the shelter."

"Of course I do!" That girl who is rude to me because of you! She answered even if his sudden question didn't relate to his recent words, and that realization came after.

"You ran out of the vehicle to save someone. Why?" His hand moved to hold her arm. "Why didn't I see a single tears in your eyes that time Lian?"

Prick crawls on Lian's skin, after sensing concern in his voice. "I—I already told you the reason—"