012

LIAN arrived at their room, stunned. Her whole body begged for her to leave but she can't do that because she already got their attention.

"Found her," Mike randomly hung his arm around Lian. She was supposed to be surprised by his sudden appearance from behind, but she felt nothing. "I told you I'll find her like I attached GPS on her,"

"You didn't find her!" Xborg's voice echoed. "She was on the rooftop like I told you." He explained once he reached the door.

Anger, jealousy, or whatever it was, was fuming inside her. Both, why he needed to ask them to look for her, he can do it himself and seeing him with that woman again in their quarter!

"No one found me, I found myself." She finally made her feet to step inside, showing a tight smile to the woman who'd been staring at her since she arrived.

"Hi, I'm Belle." She stood offering her hand.

Despite being stiff Lian forced herself to receive her hand. "Lian..."

"You have a nice name." She flashed a friendly smile and then returned back to sit on Jacxo's bed.

"Thank you. You too—Belle," Lian bit her lip awkwardly.

"Come sit here." She tapped the vacant spot beside her.

Lian was about to obey like a trained dog when she felt a pull behind her jacket and it pulled again now strongly that she almost stumbled backward. She looked back glaring at Jacxo who was sitting on the chair behind her.  He was teasing flashing a mischievous smirk at her. Lian didn't buy his tease who ignored him completely.

"No, I—" She faced Belle and gestured to the top bunk. "I'll stay up, I'm tired, I'm going to sleep." She smiled.

"Right, it's actually pretty late," Jacxo spoke. "Are you alright with your roommates?"

"Yeah, they are my friends but, I'm actually be more alright if you're with me."

Lian suddenly slipped a foot off the ladder. In panic, she immediately raised a leg up directly to the bed but she accidentally hit her hip bone on the steel frame of the bunk. She quietly winced burying her face on the sheet. When the sharp pain eased she positioned herself by rolling around to lay down, hand unconsciously rubbing her hip.

"Hey accommodate Belle downstairs to her quarter." Jacxo peeked outside the hallway, then found the four bickering.

"Sure, sure," Xborg nodded then returned back  arguing on Mike.

"See you tomorrow, Jax." Belle's voice was so feminine that she could pass as a voice actress.

How someone with a pretty face also have a pretty voice?

Lian tried to compare their voice but the sour feeling in her hip completely nullify the thought.

The hand she used to anxiously rub her hip bone suddenly felt warm, like someone—. In a snapped her eyes flew open with the realisation.

"Are you really that clumsy? That you actually hurt yourself?" Jacxo blurted.

She eyed him with a brow creased, then rolled over to the side facing the wall. "Goodnight."

"Are you not happy that I came back, alive?"

"I am...very happy." She didn't face him.

"You don't look happy at all."

"Sometimes you don't need to show...that you're happy..." Her voice was fading out. Jealousy conquered her but she thought it was so pointless and baseless. She didn't know her. What if she was just a close relative? Which was obviously not, because they both had very different complexions. A friend? Friendship could grow and be lovers.