007

LIAN's eyes flew open, she was about to drift into sleep when someone whispered close to her ear. She did a quick shift to the side, then saw Jacxo, both arms crossed over the vacant spot on the bed.

"Why?" she muttered curiously. But, Jacxo remained still, eyes at her unblinking.

She should be terrified but she rather felt butterflies taking flight in her stomach. His gaze was intense yet captivating. Even in dimmed light, his handsome feature was still breathtaking. Now she forgot the words she was about to say.

He then smirked out of the blue, slapping her to the reality that she'd been looking at him in a manner that she should not.

"What you want?" She lurched upright facing him.

"Come with me," he said, then walked out without explaining.

The baffled Lian sat still in her spot. Go with him at this time of the night? She was so confused as her eyes wandered around the room. I should have asked why! Then she fixed her gaze on the door. With a sigh, she moved to follow him outside.

She found him standing in the hallway, back rested on the wall while eyes down at the marble floor.

That man can't possibly harm me. Right?

In her hoodie, she sauntered towards him. "What you want?"

"You're wasting my time, keep moving." He then strode away.

Lian was left wide-eyed again, but she was overpowered by her curiosity and rushed after him outside to the mezzanine. Right there, a guy near the glass railing was alerted by the sound of the door.

"One," Jacxo signaled a hand at him.

He then gladly nodded, smiling his narrow monolid eyes as he walked along with them. The guy was inches shorter than Jacxo, who appeared to be in his middle-age years.

"Jacxo!" Lian's confusion erupted. She was just tailing him quietly yet impatiently now she'd gone on a level of taking action. "Where are we going?"

Jacxo then turned nonchalantly. "If I tell you, you'll run away," He flashed a crooked smile.

She quickly pulled her steps, taking another deep breath. Her head was building up scenarios that she didn't like.

"Trust me," He offered a hand to her.

Lian frowned, she wanted to trust him, but was it right to trust someone whom she just met? To be exact was weeks, she had known him for weeks. What if all her good thoughts about him are all cover-ups that he was actually one of those bad guys?

Deep contemplation was the thing she needed but she somewhat felt an urge to trust him mindlessly. With a harsh slap on his hand, Lian continued to walk passed him following the man ahead. Holding hands was not necessary. But she actually yearn to hold it, to feel his huge hand on her small one, feel those masculine slender fingers, trace those bulging veins on the back of it, and the callouses on his palm if he had it. She wished she was as brave as the others who just bluntly approach him. Her heart was beating wild at that thought.

A surprising jolt of electricity quickly took over Lian. Jacxo suddenly grabbed her hand from behind. His grip was tight then suddenly loosen it to lace his fingers on her. Lian was speechless, words drifted away from her mouth as he pulled her towards the cafeteria. The thought of being abducted faded into his mind.

The guy in front quickly pulled the key out of his pocket then unlocked the cafeteria door, then he went directly to the kitchen side of the area.

"Here!" Lian pulled him backward, but Jacxo didn't flinch nor turn. "We are not allowed here!" She pinched his arm to get his attention.