015

SHE had her bag draped over her shoulder while a hand was holding a small duffel bag where she placed her blanket and pillow. She brought basically everything with her and it was a bit heavy. Her other hand was holding Ana, who refused to stay away from her because she wanted to look after Lian since she was sick. And Lian couldn't say no to her.

"Why there's only a single truck here," One of the elders squinting towards the truck on standby.

She also noticed that the yard was empty or maybe they are just getting the vehicles ready in the parking space. 5 soldiers are calling them out in a hurry like they had deadlines to catch up. They aren't familiar to Lian, she had never seen them before. She assumed that they are from Shelter 2, they appeared cold to them which was not what she expected to be treated with. One even yelled at the cripple to move faster, someone called him out but she was then hushed by the other soldier.

She blew a breath, everything kinda felt so wrong to her.

"Move to the truck!" A soldier hollered, pointing the one near the gate.

"All of us?" Someone asked.

"Where's the other vehicle?"

"Fit yourselves in that truck or you'll walk your way out." The soldier moved closer to the person who asked.

Lian gulped the unsettled feeling inside her.

"What!"

"That is an old truck!"

The civilians started to yell back at them. Their loud voice of protest itched the ears of the five soldiers who looked at each other with tight jaws.

Lian's heart thundered when her eyes drifted to one of them who pulled the rifle on his back and aimed it at one of the elderly. The old man stepped back in shock and their protest drowned down. She gripped Ana's hand tightly and then pulled her behind.

"What is this!?" The elder slapped the rifle barrel to the side harshly. Then anger erupted in most of the civilians.

The soldier stood their ground as they started yelling at them. Then one spitted on the soldier's boot. He snapped his head up in fury, and his searing gaze darted to each of the civilians. Without a warning, he shot the leg of the crippled guy with a walking stick. He sprawled back towards the others who were quick to catch him.

The old man then trembled and backed away, eyes wide full of fear. 

"What's this all about!" A voice from the building's main door caught their attention.

Terrified Lian darted her head back to that familiar voice of Lucas. His brows furrowed as he walked towards them, but then he stopped in his tracks when the soldiers aimed the gun at him.

"You're not supposed to be here," one spoke.

Lucas raised his hand. "Where are you taking them?"

"It's not for you to know! Escort him to the cell." He ordered the other armed men.

"Lian! Where are they taking you?" Lucas found her.

She hesitated to respond because she didn't know what these guys could do. All she did was stared at him helplessly.

"Lian!" He called again.

"Come on Lucas, you're wasting our time." The guy beckoned him inside, gun still pointed at him.

He scrupled for a moment, staring at the civilians that were forced to hop in the vehicle.

Lian's warm tears fell down her cheek as she followed the soldier's order. Her hand settled on Ana's arm as they move towards the truck.