11

october 18 2020

october 18 2020

the black light that the family was greeted with was surprising, though easily making the transition from the normal lighting. the dinosaurs in the room were all neon colors to reflect brightly into their surroundings, making the whole room look incredible.

and so the family began heir mini golf game. they knew they were in for a treat because each and every one of them were so bad at the "sport" it was absolutely hilarious.

kara went first, placing her yellow ball on the ground and reeling back to hit it. the ball went quite a way before hitting a ninety-degree angle placed on the floor and it ricocheted back halfway the way it came.

elisa immediately burst out in laughter, soon followed by the others, at her moms inability to make a simple play, knowing she wasn't any better. she decided she would go next just to see if she could make it any further.

this went on for about 15 more minutes before the four reached a noticeably difficult hole. one where you had to hit the ball hard to make it up a steep mound to make it into the hole at the top of the faux - volcano.

this time her dad started first, attempting to hit it up the mound, only for it to roll back down and past the starting point.

"watch out, the pro is stepping up" elisa smugly chuckled rolling up her sleeves.

she pulled her club back as high as she could and hit the golf ball with all her strength. her plan, a very stupid plan might i add, had clearly not worked; as the ball flew into the air, hit the wall, and sped to a completely different area of the course.

"you keep playing, i'll go get it" and with that, elisa jogged off to fetch her ball.

making sure not to disturb any other family's, she searched anywhere as she could, with no luck.

"hey- uh- are you looking for this?" a kind, deep voice asked from behind her.

elisa whirled around, her eyes making contact with gray-blue eyes. she had to look up slightly to meet his gaze and she felt a sense of remembrance that she couldn't place her finger on.

"oh- yeah, thank you" she took the purple ball from his fingers. "i'm elisa"

"i'm lucas" the boy gently smiled, shaking her hand. even in the neon lights he found she was very pretty, and unironicly, she thought the same exact thing.

"are you here by yourself?" she furrowed her eyebrows, then internally cringed at how nosey the remark sounded. he just chuckled "no, my family is getting snacks while i attempt this hole"

elisa laughed at the phrasing and was about to speak once more when her phone in her back pocket buzzed. the message from karl on the screen read "stop flirting and take your turn ;)"

• VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED •