15

october 19 2020

october 19 2020

elisas head shot up in surprise at the deep voice suddenly speaking up. she notices she in a bathroom, once again, at a party, having a boarder line panic attack.

the boy was sitting on the ground next to the bathtub, seemingly watching something on his phone. his eyebrows were furrowed in confusion at the sudden arrival of someone else in the bathroom he was camping out in.

"are you okay" he noticed her panicked state: pink cheeks and teary eyes.

"yeah i'm good" she took a deep breath, calming herself "i'm elisa"

"i'm lucas" he greeted back, smiling at the faint sense of deja vu he had just gotten.

she must have gotten the same sense, because she quickly asked "did you happen to go mini golfing yesterday?"

"i-uh yeah, wait-" lucas started, finally coming to realization of where he recognized her voice.

"yeah! you're guy who had my ball, right?" elisa cut off, laughing slightly "no way, funny how things loop around"

"defina-"

a loud thump hit against the door that elisa had her back to and startled the both of them, making them jump. new... interesting sounds could be heard from behind the door that made the two teens cringe.

"do you mind if i..." elisa gestured to the wall lucas was leaning against, looking back at the door with a grimace.

he laughed and said 'sure', giving her the ok to shuffle across the tiled bathroom floor and sit next to him.

she then pulled out her phone and tapped on minecraft pocket addition, and while it was loading, she peered lucas' phone also having minecraft open.

"taste" she commented laughing slightly before looking up making contact with his gray eyes.

"do you wanna join my world?" he asked, showing her the ip after seeing her nod.

another, louder thump was heard behind the door startling them once more, making them scrunch their noses and turn to look at each other.

after making eye contact for a split second, they bursted out laughing at the ridiculousness of the situation.

"sooo, you don't like parties?" lucas asked slightly awkward, trying to make small talk while they played minecraft.

"depends... i like going to parties sometimes, just not high school parties" she replied.

conversation fell easily, both becoming very comfortable with each other; laughs being shared here and there.

it was incredible how quickly at ease elisa became around him. she hardly knew him and she felt as though just being him he created a safe space.

eventually around midnight, the people right outside the door left and the music died down.

"do you thing the coast is cleared?" lucas asked, looking up from the aesthetic village the two had made in the time span of a few hours.

"i think so... d'you wanna give me your socials and phone number?" elisa brought into conversation casually, making the question something that wasn't noticed at first.

"mhm... so- what?" the boy looked at her with an 'i'm about to laugh gimme a sec' look on his face.

"so we can play minecraft some other time too"

"oh-" lucas became slightly flustered "sure, my phone number is 925 420 6969"

elisa nodded as she put his number into her phone and stood up, stretching, him following her actions.

• VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED •