25

november 14, 2020

november 14, 2020

a wild blush quickly spread across lucas' cheeks once more as one singular though repeated in his head; 'she thinks i'm pretty?' and completely distracted him from the conversation.

"hey listen, i gotta go to bed, i'll talk to you guys tomorrow" elisa's sleepy voice informed, soon leaving the call, which gave lucas a slight pain in his chest from disappointment.

not much later, everyone else bid their goodbyes got off the call, finally going to bed to try and salvage the three hours of sleep they would each get before the next day.

•••

"good morning elisa, you're up late" her brother commented, with a little knowing smirk on his face before it disappeared behind his daily monster can.

she rubbed her eyes tiredly and replied "yea, didn't get much sleep last night", completely unaware of what he was hinting towards, as usual.

"why don't you go take a shower, since we have the little neighborhood get-together later" her mom chimed in and advised. curious as to why she would need to get ready so early, elisa took a glance at the clock on the microwave, only to see its not early at all.

5 pm. wow. alright. without another word and only nod, she went back upstairs to shower and get her eyeliner on point as always.

she pulled on a black, mid-thigh skirt with a black cropped 'san diego' shirt. pulling on her socks and black converse, she trotted back downstairs and to the backyard, where she presumed her mom would be, resting herself to help her if needed.

though just as she opened the sliding glass door to the back yard, she saw there were already neighbors chatting happily amongst themselves while eating appetizers that some had brought. elisa recognized most of the people who had come to the gathering but there were a few that seemed to be guests.

"hey" a familiar deep voice greeted directly in her ear, making her jump and whirl around.

her cheeks bloomed with a light blush in embarrassment as she found herself nearly chest to chest with lucas.

"oh! heyyyy" she dragged out, covering her flustered-ness pretty well.

"what are you doing here?" elisa cleared her throat and moved on, changing topic.

"it's a neighborhood party, isn't it?" he let a little lighthearted sarcasm shine a bit along with a laugh.

"yep, mhm, yep, totally, yeah- wait you live in the neighborhood?" she quit her awkward ranting.

he only looked blankly at her until she understood the obvious, scrunching her nose and mumbling an "ill stop now"

lucas gave an adoring chuckle at her manner, before the two started walking to one of the backyards sofas to sit and talk about random stuff.

in the midst of a conversation about whether barbecue sauce belonged on mac and cheese or not, a nervous looking girl who remarkably looked like the boy sitting next to her, plopped down next to him and exhaled deeply.

the second elisa's hazel eyes met the girl's blue ones, she knew she was going to adopt the introverted teen as her friend.

"hi!" elisa boldly greeted with a warm smile on her face. "im elisa, whats your name?"

a new kind of sparkle came to the other girls eyes, and although the rest of her face remained the same, she was completely bursting with happiness on the inside, wondering if she had finally made a friend.

"i'm amelia" she smiled.

•VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED•

A/N - hey hey! new oc introduced to da story :D

A/N - hey hey! new oc introduced to da story :D . actually amelia is AniLabs_ 's oc so go give them a follow and check out their stories :)