Chapter 11

Engagement day

MANYA'S POV

After a small conversation with Samar, my anxiousness reached a peak. I mean to say, every guy in the world needs to know about his fiance. I have to say Samar that I am haphephobic. But I don't know how he is going to react after knowing this.

" Ahem ahem. Manya, I think a small conversation with my bhava ( brother-in-law) is making your heart flutter huh?" Here comes my best friend. I didn't respond to her.

"okay, don't share your love story but get ready for your engagement ceremony." I nodded and went to the bathroom to freshen up.

As my wedding is going to be in Rajavanshi style my mom wanted me to get ready like a South Indian bride for my engagement. I choose to wear a mixture of golden and brown color saree with a red border. I am not a fan of makeup but since it's my engagement I tied my hair into a bun and covered it with jasmine flowers. Because it's considered auspicious in South India and wore matching jewelry to go with my saree.

( Image courtesy: Google)
When the makeup artist was done with my makeup. She gave me satisfied look. I was pleased with my appearance.

" oh my God!" My mother blast into my room with tears in her eyes. You are looking beautiful".

"I didn't realize my daughter is all grown and now getting married," my father said from behind, I gave them warm smile.

"chili you don't look good at all my brother said from behind. " my mom gave him a death glare.

We had small family talk and I was thinking little did they know that their daughter is still traumatized by touch of a stranger. My parents know that I have a phobia of touch they also took me to a psychiatrist but nothing changed. I can only tolerate the touch of trusted ones and that includes ananya mom dad and Manav. Apart from them if anyone touches I will be anxious and sometimes panic attacks. I have medication to avoid panic attacks when I can't ignore the crowd or touch. I am suggested to take that only during inescapable situations. After our little family talks, my parents went out and ananya came out of the bathroom in her dress she looked at me and said

" oh my love, Samar is going to be mesmerized by your beauty. How in the world can you be so beautiful?" She raised one eyebrow while checking me from head to toe.

" beauty lies in eyes who see it and you know this beauty has made me like this. To the world, I am an intelligent capable doctor but I am stirred up human being who doesn't trust anyone who has a serious issue of being touched" I said while she was doing her hair.

" you know Samar is the best for you don't ask how but my instincts are saying that's it." She said and was busy doing her makeup.

I sighed and scrolled through Instagram till someone calls me for the engagement ceremony. 

Samar's POV:

I mentally thanked my sister for sending me to speak to manya. But her last words before going are stuck in my head. " I don't know" what does she mean by it.

Is she forced for getting married to me? Is she in love with someone else? This thought of her being in love with someone else made my heart clasp, I don't love her. But I was always against getting married because it invites you to unnecessary problems but when I saw manya I don't know why I said yes to marriage.

I have to find the answer to "I don't know" if she is not happy then I shouldn't force her to get married.

I went to the engagement hall it was beautifully decorated with flowers and lighting. Guests were arriving, my family was extremely happy. It was a happy scene overall. I was in my thoughts and was observing happy faces around me suddenly I heard

Pandit Ji saying" ladki ko bhulaiye " (call the girl).

I saw in the direction of Manya's entrance she was looking gorgeous, elegant, beautiful and I am out of words to describe her. The saree was perfectly showing her curves. Her eyes were looking down maybe because she is shy. Her long thick hair is tied to a bun with flowers. Her necklace was enhancing her collar bones. She stepped onto the stage and gave a smile towards both the families, her smile was heaven those dimples were deep enough to make any guy fall for her. And the thought of her being with another guy makes me sad.

The rituals started. We were made to sit beside each other and I can see the tension on her face. Our families were also sitting beside us. We were now asked to exchange rings. It was her turn first to put ring. She held the ring in her hand had waited for few seconds then suddenly her mom tapped her shoulder she took my hand in agreement and slipped the ring to my finger. Everyone clapped. Now it was my turn I took the ring and extended my hand to hold her hand. And sweat beads were forming on her forehead, there was fear in her eyes. I couldn't explain her emotions nor I could understand them. I held her hand and sat on my knees as a sweet gesture. I looked at her face before slipping the ring to her finger she was a little bit calm than before. I slipped the ring and without waste of a second, she pulled her hand back. Everyone clapped and made us eat sweets.
I AM FINALLY ENGAGED TO MANYA SHASTRI.

MANYA'S POV:

I was called to the engagement hall. I slowly walked through the steps keeping my gaze lower. As soon as I entered the hall I saw my family members waiting for me. I gave a quick smile to them. Then I saw Samar dressed in a traditional kurta. His black hair was neatly combed back and he was looking handsome. I was made to sit beside Samar. I was hesitant and nervous at first but there was some gap between us so I was relieved. We were said to exchange rings. I was the first one to put. When his time came I was terrified, scared. He slowly took my hand with the ring in his other hand

He sat on his knees. He looked at me before slipping the ring. I stood frozen by his actions. I was frightened at first, but later I was calmed by at least 10%. His touch was not that terrifying. I took my hand away immediately. " I AM SOON GOING TO BE MRS SAMAR SINGH GAEKWAD"

************************************
Finally, our #SaNya got engaged. Samar doesn't know the reason behind manya's tension and fear. Will he able to find it before marriage. How will he react to it? On the other hand, Manya for the first time touched Samar and she was tensed at first but later she was calm at least to some extent. Will she share secrets of her life with Samar? Stay tuned...