Chapter 10

Chapter 10

It has been one week passed and I'm still here in the studio writing and making songs with other great songwriters and song producers here in town. William and I did some samples and final cut for all of the tracks.

We have already sampled 6 songs and I can't wait for you to guys to know and hear for all of it. The album cut is now done yet, still adding and piling up songs after songs. 

Syempre hindi riyan mawawala ang approval ng demonyo also known as "Lucian." Mabuti pa ngang hindi naging Lucifer ang naging pangalan niya at lagyan na lang ng sungay, buntot at tinidor na malaki baka maging si satanas na siya.

I also wrote a song titled "Dreamlover" for this album. That song talks about a Dreamlover of course. A dreamlover I want to rescue and pull me out of this hell life. But that's just an imaginary man, Martin is not a dreamlover, nightmare piece of shit.

"Hey..." William snapped his fingers in front of me making me back into reality. Nilingon ko silang mga composers at ang ibang background singer for one of my song that I want to be a single.

If you don't know what a single is, basically iyon 'yung unang kanta from the album na ilalabas habang tinatapos pa ang recording ng iba. Like what I have said, hindi pa tapos ang final cut ng album dahil nagsasama sama pa kami to create better music.

"Anong oras ba tayong lahat bukas?" I asked as I look up to the wall clock hanging and I saw that it is already quarter to 8 in the evening. Halos kalahating araw na rin pala kaming lahat na gumagawa ng kanta rito.

"Jeff, wala na akong tea..." ani ko kay Jeff at ipinakita sa kaniya ang baso kong isang hiwa na lang ng lemon ang laman. Inabot niya ito mula sa akin at nagpaalam para lumabas at titimplahan niya ako ng ginger and lemon tea.

"Uhhh, maybe umaga nandoon na tayo para makapag rehearse na tayong lahat. It's been months since you and the band rehearsed and perform kaya mag papainit muna tayo." I fill my mouth with air as I nod my head at William.

"Pwede bang mag record na tayo ngayon? Kahit isa lang muna." tanong ko sa kanilang lahat at tumayo sa upuan ko para pumasok sa loob ng studio. Nakapag record na rin sila ng background vocals for one of my songs na kaming dalawa ni William at Jimwel ang nag arrange.

I practiced singing to the mic but I couldn't hear myself that much.

"Liam, pakilakasan 'yung sa left ear." utos ko sa kaniya at sinubukan ulit na kumanta, glad that sakto lang ang lakad this time. Tinignan ko ulit sila at nagthumbs up to let them know that I am ready anytime soon.

I started singing as the intro of the song came out. Itinuloy ko ang kanta hanggang sa pinaka second chorus at ipinatigil ko na dahil napapagod na ako and that's not a good one. I need to pause for a minute to get straight to the bridge and the end of the song with no exhaustion being so much evident in my voice.

As much as I want to give my best to all of my fans, I am dedicating this journey for them because without them I am just nothing and maybe wala ako sa kinatatayuan ko ngayon kung wala silang lahat.

The climax of the songs consists of G#4 notes that are so fucking hard to execute. But I love how to experiment on my own voice that's why I am doing all of these acrobatics. I also added some whistle runs that ranges up to B6 note and that is so freaking hard to hit in live concerts.

They started at the middle of the song again and when I heard that it's the queue to sing, I started singing.

"It's alright! Yes, it's alright! Yeahh!!" kanta ko nang hindi dumidiretso para sa whistle part at nagtuloy lang sa belting part ng kanta. Sigurado akong mauubusan ako ng hininga kapag ginawa ko.