Heat

Hey Hey!

How are you all?

When I reach Rylie's Jeep I yank the door open and start to climb in.

I gasp as someone grabs my arm and yanks me back.

It felt like my skin has been branded.

I feel a large hand grip my hip, and another rests beside my head, pinning me in place.

I feel my lips part with surprise.

I stand still, probably looking like a statue rather than a human.

I was scared secretly this was some alternate future I was living out in my head.

"Raiden?" I ask, a little confused.

The future was shaking, but I realize no matter what he was indeed beside me.

I had just been to scared to see it.

Maybe he just changed his mind or maybe he'd been there all along, I couldn't tell.

"Where are you going Lilly?" His voice was deep and gravely.

I swallow and try to compose myself.

He sweeps his hand gently across my cheek, catching my tears.

"No one wanted me here." A crease forms between his brows.

"How could you possibly know that flower?" I try to swallow the lump in my throat, blinking more tears as I realize he was the only one here.

They wouldn't come.

It was like a ice pack for a fifth degree burn, it felt nice but it wouldn't help heal me.

Still parts of me were broken.

"They aren't coming." His thumb catches more tears.

Gah it had been months since I cried and now I was sobbing in front of a man I was supposed to spend a very long time with?

This was so embarrassing.

"Do you understand what's going on?" I nod. He raises a doubtful eyebrow.

I shake my head and his lips twitch, though I don't understand how he could find this amusing.

He gives me a moment to compose myself, wiping my cheeks.

I wipe my nose, thanking heavens their was no blood.

That would have been embarrassing.

"Can you come inside? At least while I explain everything?" His green eyes bore into mine, and I realize he was probably feeling just as much emotion as I.

I sniff, glancing up to the house.

They were already gone.

I see Damon in his room, his face buried in his hands.

He wasn't crying, but it did seem as though he was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

I search for the other one, but I couldn't really find anything, which alarmed me.

Before I can worry to much Raiden gives me a gentle shake.

"Hey hey, you okay?" I nod and wipe my nose.

"Okay, explain." He gestures toward the house.

I look over my shoulder at Rylie, who was examining me with undisguised shock.