Morning Fantasy

When I reach school I don't get my usual awful welcome.

The word painted on my locker was starting to fade.

Freak.

I liked that better than whore and psycho.

I knew my bullies would be here soon so I set my bag in my locker and lock it.

It was routine at this point.

I pull my hair up and wait.

I scan the rest of my day as they shout a few things.

Someone pushes me into my locker and I feel my spine radiate with pain.

Fucking Myah.

"Thanks. Is that all?" I sigh.

She shoves me again before dumping her coffee on my shoes.

They were combat boots and steel toed, so it'd do nothing but get my socks damp.

I look into her cold eyes as she empties her cup.

I wait for her to leave.

"Come on. She's not worth it." Clearly I was, as they came back every day.

Fuck. my. life.

I turn and enter my combination.

I look down at my shoes and wonder if I had enough time to take off my socks.

I really needed to focus.

If I had been paying attention I would have known to bring an extra pair of socks.

I guess this was just going to be a shitty day.

My fears are confirmed.

To make up for the good day yesterday, this one becomes shit.

At lunch the lunch lady refuses to serve me, and I end up going to the library to read.

The only thing that keeps me going is the promise of Raiden.

When I finally get to see him I don't hesitate to ditch my brother.

"See you later Cas. Don't forget I left leftovers in the fridge. Heat it up for thirty seconds not thirty minutes. Yes it took that long to make, not that long to heat up."

He rolls his eyes and sighs.

"I'm serious. We've gone through three microwaves Cas." He snorts.

"It was for science. Now go do weird teenage stuff." He dismisses me with a hand before walking slowly across the street to the elementary/preschool.

"And don't let Leo forget homework!" I yell.

He taps his temple and gives me a thumbs up.

"Hey daisy." I turn to Raiden, my eyes moving over him.

He was wearing a pullover, a poor attempt to look casual. The hood was up and he was cringing.

"It's so hot." He whispers. I fight a smile.

"Why are you wearing that?" I whisper back. He glances around.

A few others were wearing hoodies, but most were eyeing his expensive car.

"Some kids are getting to curious. I heard someone talking about ditching school to go and visit our pack lands. Some of them want to steal cars and I don't want them to get hurt, so I'm trying to blend in." He explains.