Dinner Party

Ethan's point of view~~

It takes all day, but we have the night planned out to a tee.

We would dismiss them early, claiming Lilly got sick to her stomach, which wouldn't be hard to fake, and our visitors would be escorted off the premises.

It would ensure they knew our pack was strong.

Plus if something were to go wrong we had extra numbers they wouldn't know about.

Damon spends most of his day showing Lilly off to the pack, introducing her to everyone so she could decide who would be trusted.

Most would be on guard duty, circling the pack perimeter.

They'd be in their wolf form, unable to communicate with anyone unless they  phased, which is where Erik came in.

He was disappointed to be away from the action but after Lilly promised to help him win some bets he was okay watching over those on guard duty.

We don't tell anyone we're going to have a visitor. And they don't dare question an alpha, so all goes smoothly.

Or most of it...

'Lilly says to make sure we're serving steak, a side of fries with alcohol. He might not touch it but theirs a chance.'

I roll my eyes and send the message to our chef.

"She knows his favorite food now?" Erik giggles.

"Dude she's good." He says with awe.

Raiden chuckles, but
Eriks childish fascination with my mate wasn't all innocent, as much as he'd like to try and make me think otherwise.

'Blue table cloth.' Erik nods thoughtfully.

"That's deep man, do you think his childhood walls were blue too?" Erik thinks aloud.

"Just focus on assignments Rik." I say. He nods, taking my order happily.

Goddess he was annoyingly optimistic.

When we finish I go down stairs, meeting Lilly and Damon in the kitchen.

"Not to much salt. He hates salt." I hear Lilly say.

"All day." Damon says, his eyes a little crazed.

"I didn't realize you could literally change fate and I want to go back to a time where I was more ignorant." He whispers.

"Is that what you're wearing?" Lilly asks me, and I look down.

"Now you care about clothes." Raiden mumbles, watching as she paces around some annoyed looking chefs.

"Let's go upstairs Lils, we have to get ready." I say.

Her eyes widen, as if she just remembered then she nods.

She flits out of the room, her eyes glossy.

I wait for her to run into a wall, maybe trip, but she's surprisingly graceful in a way I never noticed before.

She doesn't take long to get ready and after that she drags us down stairs to rearrange the furniture.

Raiden laughs his head off while she makes me push a couch two inches then back.

"Guys this is important! Stop laughing!" She shrieks, pulling at her hair.

Her eyes are wide and crazy.

"If everyone dies don't blame me! It's going to be because you wouldn't move the couch!" She shouts, looking frantically around the room as if all she could see was a awful outcome.