Peaceful

I look up to see my dad walk into the office, his eyes moving around until they settle on me.

I see surprise in his eyes and I know he wasn't prepared to see me like this.

He was the only one in my family who didn't have my mothers gift, so when he heard I got into a fight he was probably pretty shocked.

He was probably even more shocked to see I came out with nothing more than some scratches on my arms.

He moves to my side as my principal who for some reason insisted on being called professor moves toward us.

"Mr Parker's." Professor dipsin greets.

"Professor Dipsin." My dad shakes his hand, glancing at me again.

I knew I was in for it.

My dad didn't like me at all. Hell he hadn't even talked to me in years other than polite nods and grunts, so it was unlikely he'd take my side.

My father grabs my backpack from the chair beside me and sits.

"Your daughter got into a fight today." Professor Dipsin says, his eyebrows raising disapprovingly.

"I heard." My dad sounded calm.

I hated disrupting his day for this.

He loved work. He got to work on pricey cars from the city, and I knew work was one of the only fun things for him, and I was such a let down...

This might be his nightmare.

"Where were the teachers? Don't they normally supervise class?"

"Of corse they do. But this fight was in the parking lot, and-"

"And? I feel my daughter shouldn't be left alone with a group of hostile kids."

I watch with surprise as my dad sends me a reassuring look.

I can't help but gape at him and his lips twitch ever so slightly.

Was that... pride in his eyes?

"Of corse, but it seems as though your daughter provoked Mrs Stevens, threatened her."

My dad waves to my arms. "She's clearly hurt, I think this was anything but my daughters fault."

"Trust me Myah is not doing great, she is on her way to the hospital to get stitches at this moment."

I felt a little bad, it was childish of me to react so emotionally.

"Well you know what they say, don't start a fight you can't finish." My dad grabs my shoulder and stands, hovering over my principal by about half a foot.

"Mr Parker's I'm sorry but I think we're going to suspend-"

"No need. She's switching schools. She's been bullied to long. I've called up here and tried talking with you about this before but you done nothing."

My dad knew I was bullied?

"Sir listen-"

"No. You listen. I asked you to deal with this your way. Sorry to inform you, but your way was about as useless as you. You can try and put a suspension on my daughters record but I'll have you know I've been around this town a lot longer than you and I know a lot of people on the school board who owe me favors."

I gape at my dad.

He just insulted an adult...

"Your threats don't scare me." My dad presses my bag into my hand and pulls me toward the door.

"Bye Professor." My dad drawls the word Professor out sarcastically.

****

"Lilly!" I open my arms, grinning.

Leo throws himself into my arms, laughing as I stumble back a little.

"Hey silly." I laugh, ruffling my brothers hair.

"Dad!" Leo jumps up, hugging my dad, not acting nearly as shocked as Cas when we picked him up early.

"I saw you get into a fight!" Leo squeals, looking between Cas, my dad and me so fast I wonder how he wasn't dizzy.

"She won." My dad corrects, picking Leo up.

It was weird. It was like my dad changed over the corse of three hours.

We spent a long time talking and I realized a lot of things.

He blamed himself for my moms car crash. Like he should have been the one with the gift, leaving him to be the one who could have stopped it.

He said it was hard being around when he knew we thought that too.

Of corse I'd broken down crying, sobbing that I felt the same way.

We cried and I felt like for the first time in years, we bonded.

He said he'd try to be better, and that he wanted to try and make up some missed time.

He said we could have a day for us, and I said I just wanted a family day, me Cas, Leo and him all doing fun stuff together.

And that's how I ended up playing cards with my family, recounting the details to a exited Leo about my fight.

"Cas didn't you get knocked out when you fought for the first time?" Leo asks innocently, waiting for a response from a glaring Cas.

My dad chuckles.

"Leo that happens when you actually punch hard." Cas scoffs.

"Yeah she got throat punched right?"Leo asks me, grinning.

I frown, shaking my head.

"How'd u get the bruise then?" He tugs at my hair and I hear my dad cough on his spit.

I cover the hickey on my neck quickly, my face burning.

"Shut up!" I shout at Cas who bursts out laughing.

"I got throat punched. It hurt and I'm super strong." I tell Leo, who's eyes widen.

"Woah." He gasps.

"I can't wait for my first fight!" He giggles.

I roll my eyes, pulling my hair over my shoulders.

I think tonight might have made my top ten favorite nights.

Of corse I wish we all would have spent time together more often, but I saw more nights like this in my future.

I was optimistic for the first time ever.

I felt like things would be getting better in all aspects of my life.

My dad was gonna take time off work, which he could do since he'd been offered a manager position, something that would bring more money around, though we were all more exited about the job offer than the money.

We knew he'd been after that manager spot since I was a baby.

When I finally do lay down I pass out almost instantly, only having time to send the boys a goodnight text before I fall into a deep sleep.

Good? Bad? Thoughts?

Don't worry I haven't forgotten about Ethan he's just gonna work through some stuff.