Taken

I smooth the light blue halter top Rylie lent me out and knock on the large wooden door to the girls cabin.

It opens and Rylie apears, grinning.

"Come on. We have a lot of questions." She doesn't greet me, she just pulls me inside the cabin. Reagan apears with Raylen just behind her.

It was freaky to see three identical people standing in front of you.

"You don't seem shocked we didn't invite anyone else. But I guess that's expected." Reagan chuckles dryly.

I grin. I sorta figured out it wasn't a party a few hours ago. I guess they actually wanted to get to know me.

She waves to the couch and I sit, looking between them.

"Tone down the exited puppy look." Rylie laughs, dropping down beside me.

"Sorry. I missed you guys." Its an odd thing to admit. Id gotten to comfortable around my mates I guess.

They all look curious but they don't ask.

Overall the night was fun. They don't ask about their futures, which relives me.

They don't pressure me to talk about anything I don't want to.

We mostly just talk and laugh over junk food.

They do ask about their brothers a little. If they're doing okay, and if their treating me right.

The answer to both of those questions is yes. I can tell they miss their big brothers.

I saw a lot more of this in our shaky futures.

It was exiting because for a while now I'd seen them as close friends.

It was nice to have them around in person.

After we've stayed up past three am Rylie calls it.

"I'm so tired. Training is exhausting. If I don't get at least two hours of sleep coffee won't save me." I rub my eyes and stand up.

"Yeah and you don't want to see her without caffeine." Reagan yawns.

They walk me to the door and I step into the chilly air.

"See you around Lilly." Rylie calls. I wave and jog across the lawn.

It was creepy being out here alone at night.

I creep up the stairs and open the door to my bedroom. I see Raiden asleep, his head on Ethan's shoulder.

I have a hard time not grinning.

Ethan strokes the back of Raiden's furry neck.

Ethan was frowning at a book, his brow furrowed.

Damon glances up when he sees me, pointing at a sleeping Raiden then grinning at me.

"Hes been clingy." Ethan chuckles, and Raiden stirs. They both quiet and watch him roll off of Ethan. Ethan chuckles and tosses his book onto the nightstand.

"How were my sisters? Were they annoying? We can talk to them if you-"

I shake my head quickly and move to the edge of the bed, peering down at Raiden.

I smile, stroking his cheek.

"They were cool. We just talked." I look up at Ethan, who looked doubtful.

"Cool isn't how we'd describe them. Annoying is a good noun tho." Damon says.

"Adjective." Ethan corrects.