Switch

Raiden's POV:

I stroke Lilly's hair, rocking her gently while she sleeps.

Both of my brothers were present in my head.

Ethan was aching to hold her, and apologize for how he'd made her cry.

Of corse he wouldn't.

He wouldn't admit why though, and that frustrated me.

And Damon was so focused on her peaceful face he almost forgot that he wasn't here.

He wouldn't admit why he was distancing himself either.

He'd been on a rampage all day. He'd screamed at almost every pack member who crossed his path, and anyone who dared make eye contact was in for it.

I had been a little antsy too, as I spent most of my day wondering if school would end early.

As minutes tick by I begin to get antsy.

I didn't want to move her, but I'd much rather be in my wolf form.

My senses were dulled down in my human form.

Ethan said this was a coping mechanism.

After our mother, and dads died we'd all retreated into our own worlds.

For me it was easy to morn as a wolf. My thoughts were more primitive and less complex.

However when you spend 20+ hours a day as a wolf you start to dread being human.

'Of corse you'd find something to complain about.' I hear Damon huff in my head.

He disappears when I give him momentary attention.

When Lilly shifts and sighs, I refocus on her face. Her big doe eyes flutter open.

Her brown orbs find mine and she smiles softly, stretching her arms out. I chuckle and watch her look around.

She mumbles something incoherent before looking at the tv.

It was some show I'd never seen before but it had a talking fish with big eyes.

"Finding dory." She smiles, and I chuckle.

How were humans so entertained by this? It was obvious the fish would find her parents.

Right?

I had only been half listening but I was still a little invested.

"You've seen it before?" I ask casually.

She shakes her head.

"Oh how does it end?" She purses her lips, her eyes glazing over for a moment before they refocus on me.

"She's fine." I exhale with relief and she grins.

I feel momentarily hypnotized by her smile.

She starts to move off my lap but I hold her in place.

"Where are you going?" She shrugs, yawning.

I hold her hips still, figuring she had no idea what she was doing to my body right now.

"I figured I should go home." Her eyes do that thing where they unfocus and for a moment her body goes rigid.

She wipes her nose and blinks.

"They're doing fine." She says, moving around. I release her when she refuses to sit still.

"Where are your siblings?" She looks around.

"Rylie's probably with her boyfriend. I have no idea where the rest of the girls are." She hums thoughtfully.

"What?" I stand and look down at her. She was tense again, and her eyes were foggy. It was very obvious she knew more than she was leading on.

"Fuck, what are they doing?" I complain, knowing those girls could get into trouble.

"Hmm? Nothing, do you think my brothers could give me a ride home instead?"

She was planning something, not even subtly either.

She smiles and squints. "What are you doing?" I ask suspiciously.

  She purses her lips mysteriously and looks back at the tv.

It was frustrating to not be in on her plan.

I could hear Ethan watching silently inside my head, contemplating what she could be up to.

'Come find out yourself.'

She doesn't tell me what she's up to, but when her stomach growls we seek out food.

She was skinny, but I wasn't sure if that was normal for humans.

It seemed almost all of them had eating disorders or insane pressure to look a certain way.

"So why can't I drive you home, Rose?" I poke Lilly's side to get her attention.

She frowns and looks at me curiously.

"Did you call me rose?" She snorts, swallowing a pretzel loudly.

"Yeah. You're named after a flower. Rose is a flower, and you're wearing red."

She looks down at her red shirt, brushing crumbs off it before looking back up.

  "Rose is a basic name." She responds finally.

I hum thoughtfully. "Lavender." She purses her lips thoughtfully.

"Better but not good." She states finally.

I roll my eyes and glance at my watch.

"Well you should call your brother then. It's getting late." I sigh unhappily.

"Unless you just want to stay here." She laughs, swallowing the last bite of food before getting up.

She wipes her hands on her pants and texts someone.

"I'm only asking because your driving scares me."

I roll my eyes, walking slowly back toward the tv.

It doesn't take long before her brother arrives.

Even with my awful human ears I could hear the truck coming.

Lilly sits up and grabs her coat. "They were at the store so they're already close." She explains. I nod, a little disappointed she already had to leave.

"I thought you didn't have a car?" I ask.

"My dad does, he'd probably let them borrow it since he's not using it right now." She pauses for a moment at the end of the stairs.

"They're concerned, plus they planned to pester me until I told them where I was when I got home. If skipping two hours of annoyance means a twenty minute car ride with them, I'll do it."

I could hear the car on the road, driving down the winding forest path.

When I refocus on what's in front of me, I realize I'm very close to Lilly.

She was looking up at me, her brown eyes wide.

My eyes move over her face, landing on her lips.

I could hear her heart beating quicker now, almost as fast as mine.

I feel a very strong almost primal urge to devour her, to taste every part of her.

I grip her hip and push her back against the wall. She reacts quick for a human.

Her fingers tangle in my hair, and her breathing stops.

I hear a soft pleasant noise leave her lips as I rest my forehead against hers.

Just as I'm closing the gap between our lips a loud honk interrupts us.

Sorry <3

As always I hope u enjoyed, have a great weekend! Mwah