Loss, Gain

I wipe my mouth and spit into the sink.

I set my toothbrush beside the other three and then splash water onto my face.

When the smell of breakfast reaches my nose I leave the bathroom and follow it to the living room.

I probably looked like a zombie, following the scent of breakfast still half asleep.

But it smelled so good I didn't care how dead I looked.

Damon was helping a young boy wheel in a cart full of covered food.

They both look up when I enter.

Damon's ice colored eyes flick over me, and he smiles kindly.

"You hungry?" I nod, moving to his side.

I hear the shower turn on so that meant Raiden finally woke up.

Ethan had gone out to take a call from Erik before I'd woken, so surely he'd be back soon.

I was so hungry though, could I wait?

Damon snorts, causing me to look up.

"Thanks." He hands the kid a tip and walks him out, sending me a exasperated eye roll.

I sneak a bite while he's shooing the kid out.

"What?" I ask around a bite of waffle.

He closes the door.

"Do you have to make every male within a sixty mile radius horny?" Damon laughs. I cough on the waffle.

"I don't!" I shriek, my cheeks burning.

"He was sixteen." He rolls his eyes.

Damon pokes my side, grabbing a waffle and dipping it in syrup before popping it into his mouth.

I follow his lead and just dive in.

We pig out on the food until Raiden gets out of the shower and joins us.

He sits on the chair across from us, eating pancakes while Damon and I race to dessert.

"I never thought I'd meet anyone who ate as much as Damon." Raiden mutters absently.

I snatch the icecream sundae as it begins to melt.

I smile happily and Damon frowns around a bite of pancakes.

"This is good." I say around a bite.

I moan happily and let the chocolaty goodness melt on my tongue.

I dip my finger in the icecream, feeling Damon's eyes on me.

I swear I could do anything and they'd be turned on.

How was eating icecream hot?

I swipe the finger covered in icecream across Damon's lips with a grin.

I watch him lick his lips. I grab the second icecream sundae and hand it to him. He smiles happily, turning his full attention to his food.

"When's E gonna be back?" I ask. Damon shrugs.

"Soon." Raiden promises. I set the sundae aside and sigh, looking into Ethan's future.

I'm pulled back to the present when Damon bumps my hip.

My eyes flick to him, then the chocolate icecream he'd found hidden in the rubble of our discarded plate pile.

I gasp.

"Thats not fair that ones chocolate." I complain. I hadn't seen the chocolate scoop.

"Gimme." I demand childishly.