Texting and Cupcakes

(Author's note)

At the time of writing this, I've had banana pancakes for dinner, and it's about 2 hours from posting my first chapter, and I'm ready to get back to writing

I already forget everything that happened

***

*Louis POV in case you needed a reminder*

I can't drive yet, and my mom works late shifts at a hospital, so I ride the bus home

I live in a pretty active neighbourhood, there are plenty of people who do activities in their yards and around the area. Liam lives a few doors down, and someone new moved in just across the street.

My mom insists I go over and introduce myself, but social interaction isn't my forte, so I change the subject any time she mentions it.

I sit down at my usual seat 2 rows from the back, and Liam hops in next to me.

"Hey man, I can't believe we have two whole classes together! Most people don't even get one," Liam says as he pulls me into a tight hug.

"Uh, Liam, I can't breathe," I reply, hugging him back as best as I can despite Liam squeezing me with some kind of death grip.

"Sorry bud, I just missed you," Liam pulled back from me, his eyes unreadable as always as he looks into mine.

"We hang out all the time, Lima," I reply.

"Yeah, but it's not enough!" As soon as he says that, I hear my phone go off.

I turned the sound on so that I'd hear it if someone texted me on the bus.

I'm not waiting for Harry to text me, I just... What if my mom texted with some kind of emergency? Better safe than sorry.

"Who's that?" Liam questions. "No offense, but I thought I was your only friend."

I glare at him, smacking his arm. "I have a life outside of you, Lima."

As I grab my phone from my pocket, Liam snatches it out of my hand.

"Hey! Give that back, it could be important!" I yell at him.

As I reach to get it back, he holds it above my head where I can't reach. I slouch in the seat grumpily, crossing my arms.

Liam doesn't acknowledge my anger, and looks at my phone. Even with unreadable eyes, I can tell he's confused.

*Flashback*

"Liam, why are your eyes unreadable?" I ask in wonder.

"What?" Liam looks utterly confused as he looks up from his English textbook.

"I have a special skill. I can tell what people are feeling by looking in their eyes. But yours are unreadable," I pout, crossing my arms.

"I don't know how to help you with that," Liam chuckles a bit at my sulky expression, and his laughter makes me smile despite myself.

"I guess I'll just have to improve my skill then!" I declare loudly, tackling him to the ground of his carpeted floor.

*End of flashback*

"Who's H? And why do they have a heart next to their name?" Liam questions, glancing down at me.

"H? Harry!?" I ask excitedly, forcing my phone out of his hands.

"Harry? Is he in one of your classes?" Liam asks softly, drawing circles on my shoulder with his finger.

"Yup. One of yours, too. Art and gym," I reply, checking my messages.