Truth or Dare

Do you like the manip?

***

(Saturday)

*Louis POV*

I wake up, tired from a night full of over thinking.

Zayn saying that I couldn't keep my eyes off Harry was something that kept playing in my head over and over. It's like my brain wants to torture me with uncertainty and confusion.

I force my brain to shut up, and walk down into my kitchen.

"Morning boobear," my mum calls as soon as I walk in.

"Morning," I mumble in response, yawning.

"Still tired?"

I nod even though my mum is facing the stove instead of me, and sit at the counter.

"I have pancakes and coffee."

"Thanks mum," I prefer tea, but the coffee might help me wake up, so I take it gratefully, immediately drinking some of it.

"So, who's that boy that was laying on our floor?"

I almost choke on my coffee, coughing a little.

"U-Um, just a friend. We were watching a movie, and I fell asleep. He didn't want to make me uncomfortable, so he slept on the floor."

"He sounds like a gentleman. Do you like him?"

This time, I actually spit out my coffee, getting it on the counter.

"Mum! H-He's just a f-friend, okay?"

My mum gives me a knowing look, and says, "if you say so."

I spend some time telling her how we met in art class, and how we're already pretty close despite not knowing each other that long. I leave some things out, like my confused feelings, and the egg shower incident.

"It seems like you two have had quite the time together. I'm glad you're finally opening up again."

I nod, and we eat our breakfast with light conversations.

***Trigger warning: slight physical violence***

*Flashback*

"Oi! Louis Faglinson!"

I flinch, trying desperately to get to my next class.

"Hey! I'm talking to you!"

I feel a hand grab my shoulder, and I instantly flinch. I get shoved against a locker, my back hitting the metal harshly. It hurts.

"Look pal, I don't like the way you looked at me today, so you're gonna have to pay for it."

I close my eyes, as if hoping that will make me disappear.

It doesn't.

I feel a sharp pain in my stomach, but before I can curl in on myself, rough hands are grabbing my wrists and holding them above my head, so I can't secure myself.

Pain everywhere. In my shin, in my face, tearing hot pain in my arms followed by the feeling of liquid dripping down my arms.

Then I finally feel my wrists get freed.

"That'll teach you, freak."

Nothing different happened today. All I did was wear the rainbow bracelet I wear every day. A small sense of pride. But some people want to suck all the colour out of your life.