New Neighbour

(Friday)

*Louis' POV*

"You've been ignoring my texts for almost a week. What's going on?" Liam asks me as soon as I sit down next to him on the bus to go home.

"I shut my phone off. Something happened on Saturday, and I needed to clear my head."

"What happened?" Liam looked me in the eyes, and I could tell that he was worried.

I blushed and looked down, before mumbling quietly. "Harry kissed me."

I don't see Liam's reaction, but when he lifts my head up, his eyes are soft.

"Did you like it?"

I groan, putting my head in my hands. "I don't know, Liam, that's the problem!"

I feel Liam's strong arms wrap around me, and I instantly lean into his chest. I close my eyes, and listen to Liam's breathing to calm my stress down.

Liam rubs my back soothingly, until he suddenly pushes me back. "You need to figure this out. The more you avoid it, the more awkward things will be between you and Harry."

"I've actually been avoiding him, too."

"That's even worse. You two had a good connection, don't let your stupid brain ruin that."

"Thanks for calling my brain stupid," I look up at Liam and give him a soft smile.

"Do you need me to help you figure out your feelings?"

"No, I think I can handle it. Thanks Lima."

"Any time Lewis. Now turn your phone back on so that I can text you again."

The thought of seeing missed messages scares me, but I turn my phone on anyway.

(8 new messages)

(Mon. 2:30 pm) Lima: You looked stressed at school today. Everything okay?

(Mon. 2:35 pm) Lima: Oh, do you not want to talk about it? That's alright, just let me know if you need anything

(Tue. 2:30 pm) Lima: I'm really worried about you. I don't want to force you to talk about anything, but at least don't ignore my texts

(Tue. 2:35 pm) Lima: Alright, I'll give you some space. Talk to me when you can

(Sat. 5 pm) Harry: I'm sorry if the thing at the hospital freaked you out. I just wanted to make sure you were okay

(Mon. 2:30 pm) Harry: Have you been avoiding me? You barely even glanced my way today

(Mon. 3 pm) Harry: You promised you wouldn't keep me waiting for your texts again, so I guess your phone must be off

(Mon. 3 pm) Harry: That, or you broke your promise just to avoid talking to me

I didn't really know what to say to Harry, so I just turned to Liam instead. "Thanks for being such a good friend."

"Any time," Liam said, moving to hug me again.

***

As soon as I got home, I flopped on my bed. I still didn't know how to respond to Harry's texts, and I really needed to sort out my feelings.

After a few minutes of rolling around on my bed, thinking so much my head hurt, I decided that I needed fresh air. I put on my vans, and walked outside.