Tutoring

(Tuesday)

*Louis' POV*

The entire time that I should be focusing on algebra, the only thing I can think about is Harry. Because - as much as I don't want to admit it - I have feelings for him. And something as stupid as Niall tapping his pencil on the desk reminds me of Harry tapping his fingers on my kitchen counter when he first made cupcakes in my house.

It's all Harry's fault, too. If he hasn't confessed to me, I wouldn't have realized that I had feelings for him, and I could've kept living in non-crush filled bliss.

I hear a tap on my desk, and I see my teacher place a note in front of me.

'Please meet me during lunch to discuss your grades'

***

"Are you okay? You look worried," Harry notes during art class, where we're still working on our mug projects.

"My algebra teacher wants to meet me to talk about my grades. I'm worried that they've gone down," I sigh, resting my head in my hands. "That could mean that I'll have to quit the play."

"Hey, don't worry about it. If your grades are going down, I can start helping you with your homework again." Harry says with a soothing voice that helps me calm down.

"You'd do that?" I ask, looking up at him. I know from Liam's complaining how difficult it is to help me with maths.

"Of course," Harry smiles at me, his dimples showing. It makes me smile softly in return.

"Thanks Hazza," I startle myself with the nickname. But from the look on Harry's face, he seemed to like it.

"No problem, Lou."

***

After art class was lunch time. I anxiously walked to my maths classroom, trying to calm myself down.

"Louis, thank you for meeting with me on such short notice," my teacher greeted me as soon as I walked through the door.

"You wanted to discuss my grades?" I asked.

"Yes. Over the span of this month, you've only had one assignment completely filled out. The rest are half filled, and most of the answers are wrong. If you keep this up, you'll fail my class, and you won't be able to participate in school held activities, such as plays."

My heart dropped a little. It was just what I was afraid of. But then I remembered Harry's offer.

"Don't worry Miss, I have someone who can help me with my homework."

"And this person is just helping, not lending you answers?" My teacher asked firmly.

"Of course," I assure her.

"I won't oppose to you getting a friend to help, but if your grades don't improve, you'll need a tutor."

"I understand."

I left the room in a hurry, trying not to panic. I knew Harry was good at helping me. There would be no need for a tutor. I could stay in the play. I hope.

As soon as I turn down the hall to head pack to the cafeteria, I bump into someone, knocking them down onto the floor and landing on top of them.

"Oops," I open my eyes to see if the person I bumped into was hurt, and I almost sigh in relief.

"Hi," Harry smiles at me, not looking too bothered.

"Why are you here?" I ask, getting up off the floor and reaching out a hand.