Iron Deficiency

(Small little author's note before we begin)

Shout-out to rakshita_2602 for being the second (and nicest) commenter on this fanfic! They have been super sweet, commenting as much as they can, and they gave me some very helpful advice. If you're reading this, thank you so much for everything you've said. I appreciate you so much ❤️❤️❤️

Now onto the story :)

***

(Still Saturday)

*Louis' POV*

I gently remove myself from Harry's arms, and go to put my clothes on.

"Do you hate me?"

I whip my head around, my jeans half way up my legs.

"What? Why would I hate you?"

"Well, I just feel like I'm pushing you out of your comfort zone."

I laugh slightly, pulling my pants on all the way. "You're definitely pushing me out of my comfort zone. But it's nice. I've been too closed off, you make me... Want to open up?"

It's only half true. I've already wanted to open up, but Harry is the one who made me open up. And I'm glad that he did.

I finish pulling all my clothes on, and turn back around to face Harry.

"I think this game has gotten a little out of hand. Let's take a break," I throw Harry's shirt at him.

"What do you want to do?" I watch the admiration in Harry's eyes shift to curiosity. One of his eye brows quirks up slightly.

I hum, but then the room starts to sway.

"We haven't had lunch," I point out, the words coming out slightly slower than usual.

Harry glances at his clock, which reads 1:28.

"I didn't realize it was this late in the day. I can make us some classic peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, if you want."

I nod my head quickly, trying to ignore the slight dizziness in my head.

"Are you okay Lou? You look sick," I look up at Harry, and see the concern in his face. The slightly down turned eyebrows, the lightly squinted soft-green eyes. I want to memorize every expression he has.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Now go to the kitchen, which is practically your home," I try to joke.

The concern doesn't leave Harry's face, but he nods and heads downstairs anyways. I focus on my breathing as I follow him, grabbing the rail on the stairs for support.

***

As I watch Harry make us sandwiches - as well as bake cookies, because he's insane - I try not to let my fatigue consume me.

But soon, as Harry is mixing the cookie batter, small black spots appear in my vision.

No, no no no no. This can't happen.

My breathing falters a little, my breath short from panic and low energy levels. I see Harry look up at me, but the room is a bit blurry.

"Louis? Are you okay?"

I blink. Nod weakly. More black spots. The ground shifts.

Darkness.

***

*Harry's POV*

"Louis!" I practically shout, rushing to catch him before he falls out of his chair.