What Happened

I'M SORRY I DIDN'T PUBLISH THIS I LITERALLY FORGOT TIME WAS A THING AHHHHHHH

(Thursday)

*Louis' POV*

"Action!"

Miss Melissa calls for us to start our scene. We're doing a run through of the entire play at once, then going over what could be done better in each scene after it's performed. Today we've had enough time to make it to the kiss scene, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

I shove down all my feelings. Right now, I'm not Louis who is nervous and confused. I'm Romeo who is madly in love with Julien. I can do this.

"Romeo, I know our parents hate each other, but I can't keep hiding my feelings for you. And I know you feel the same," Harry says to me, starting the scene.

"I do feel the same. Maybe if our parents know that we're in love, they'll let us be together," I smile, grabbing Harry's hands. So far, I've been able to stay in character, but my heart is beating just a little faster than usual.

"Do you think so? Do you really think we can work?" Harry looks up at me. Just like the last time he said this line to me, his eyes are burning with desire. He wants me to say yes, to tell him that we can make our relationship work. My stomach swirls.

"Only one way to find out," I step towards Harry, placing one hand on his lower back and the other at the back of his neck.

Harry closes his eyes, and that helps me build up my courage. I lean in and kiss him softly. It's gentle, because Romeo and Julien don't know if they can be together, so they don't want all their feelings out yet. I pull back from Harry, delivering the last line of the scene.

"We can do this, Julien. We can be together no matter what our parents say," I give him a loving smile, doing my best not to shake under the intense swarm of butterflies in my stomach.

"Wonderful, boys. That was beautiful," Miss Melissa says.

I immediately take a step back from Harry, feeling overwhelmed from my emotions. That kiss gave me actual butterflies.

I might not be able to hold back my feelings for Harry for much longer. I don't want to hurt him, but I need more time after the incident. Hopefully he can wait a bit longer until I've pulled myself together.

"All right everyone, we're out of time. Don't forget to practice over the weekend," Miss Melissa calls to the room.

Immediately, everyone gathers their things. Harry and I walk off the stage together, and I almost trip on the stairs when I see who walks through the door.

"Come on, let's go," I say quickly to Harry, grabbing his hand and practically running to where our things are.

"Well well well, if it isn't Louis Tomlinson," the voice I've heard in my nightmares has gotten a bit deeper, and he talks like he's trying to send daggers with his words.

I ignore him, deciding that he probably just wants attention as usual. I pack my stuff as quickly as I can, glancing over at Harry.

"Do you have all your things?" I ask him, wanting to leave this place as soon as possible.

"What's wrong, Louis? You don't like me anymore?" I feel a hand on my shoulder and I jump, spinning around.

Nick is looking at me with a menacing smirk, just begging me to fall apart again. I take a step back, smacking his hand off of me.

"No, as a matter of fact, I don't. What are you even doing here? I didn't know you were into stalking," I stand as tall as I can, talking a bit slowly to control my stutter.

"I came to pick up my step sister. I usually wait outside, but I decided to come in today. And I don't believe that you don't like me anymore. You were all over me in middle school," he says in a menacing tone that makes me want to punch him in the face.

"He has a boyfriend now," Harry says, grabbing my hand. "I have all my things, let's go."

Even though we're not dating, I don't care that Harry said that. He saved me from having to talk to Nick for any longer. And Nick doesn't say anything as Harry and I rush out of the building, holding hands.

"Who was that guy?" Harry asks as soon as we're out of the building, sounding somewhat angry.

Memories of the day Nick broke not only my heart, but my trust, come flooding back to me. I think I needed closure, needed to know if he was just messing around with me to fit in with his friends, or if he actually was just a bad person. Now that I know, I think the nightmares will stop.

"He..." I pause, remembering the day I woke up crying with Harry. That was the day he confessed his feelings as well. He deserves to know the story.

"It's a long story, let's go to my house so we can get comfortable," I say, looking up at Harry.

He nods, and we begin our walk to my house.

***

Harry and I are sitting on my couch. I brought out some snacks, and I nervously fiddle with my hands. Here goes nothing.

"When I was about half way through seventh grade, I had a crush on Nick. We had been friends the year before, but we weren't too close. We mostly just talked about how annoying everyone was. His friends were jerks who shoved smart people into lockers, but I never hung out with them. I think Nick realised that I had a crush on him, because he started being more flirty with me. But he never agreed to hang out more than just in school. I was an idiot. I never realised how fake his words sounded, or how soulless his eyes were. I just wanted to be with him."

"In eighth grade, he told me that we weren't going to be in the same high school. Half way through the year, I decided I should confess my feelings for him. I think I was hoping that if I told him how I felt, he would somehow change schools to be with me. So we met in the hallway and I told him how I felt. He asked if he could kiss me, and when I said yes, he leaned in and called me disgusting. His friends came out of nowhere, and you can probably guess what they did to me. For a week, they harrassed me, and because Nick broke my trust, I didn't even go to Liam, because I thought he wouldn't care either."

"By the time a week had passed, Liam decided he'd had enough of me ignoring him. He followed me to class, but Nick's friends got to me first. Liam chased them off and reported them to the principal, so they we're expelled. Nick got expelled as well."

I don't look up at Harry. I don't want to see what his reaction to my story is.

"Lou," Harry says softly. I hold my breath, not knowing what he'll say.

"Lou," Harry says again, taking my head in his hand and turning me to face him.

His eyes burn into mine, showing passion and care and... Love.

"I love you. I bet that Nike guy never told you that, but I will. I'll tell you I love you for however many times it takes for you to believe me. And I'll keep loving you until you're ready to love me back," Harry holds my hands, and I can see in his eyes that he's telling the truth. I'm safe with him. He actually cares.

"Thank you," I practically whisper. But I know he heard me.

Harry is good. He's seen me at my worst, and he's still here. The nightmare is over. I can move on.

***

(Author)

Wowza. What a sad backstory

At first I wanted this to be a happy fic with like no problems, but then I remembered that without some drama, that would probably be boring

So I think Louis might be ready to be with Harry?¿!/?‽??

I don't know, this story is literally writing itself. Like I get one idea, and then the rest kinda just pours out

This does kinda suck, though. I'm thinking that I'll finish writing this fic, take a little break, and then maybe rewrite it, but better?

Because like, the plot is all over the place, as well as the character development, sooo idk man
We shall see

Comment which country you were born in
I was (unfortunately) born in America

I love you guys. -K