The Nightmare

This isn't scary, don't worry

***

(Still Sunday)

*Louis POV*

I get home and check the time. It's already noon, so I make myself lunch. I see a note from my mum saying that she's spending another day with Mrs. Styles, so I have the house to myself. I call Liam.

"So you think Harry is a good kisser and you got jealous when he put his hand on Niall. Oh, and I almost forgot the Romeo and Juliet thing."

I groan. "What exactly do you want me to say?"

"Right, sorry. One thing to embarrass you about at a time. So, you think Harry is a good kisser?"

I groan again, putting my head in my arms. I regret calling Liam.

"Yes! Damnit, Liam, yes. He's a fucking amazing kisser! That makes it so much more frustrating to figure out my feelings. If he was a bad kisser, maybe I could deny things more."

Liam hums. "You looked like you wanted to kill Niall when Harry put his hand on him."

"Yeah, I got this really weird feeling in my stomach when he did that. I couldn't really control my face."

"So you were jealous."

"Why would I be jealous?"

"Because you love him."

I stare at my phone. "I do not love him."

"What about that Romeo and Juliet thing? How did that go?"

I sigh. "We acted out the scenes I had memorized. He improved quickly. And then he," I pause.

"He?" Liam prompts me to keep talking.

I bang my head against a wall a few times. "He tried to kiss me."

"Did you let him?"

"It was part of the scene but," I say the next part softly, "no. I didn't."

"Why didn't you?"

"Because I'm scared, Liam! You know how this went the last time," my voice breaks and I feel myself crying.

The line goes dead, and I run up to my room. I jump onto my bed and sob into my pillows.

And a few minutes later, strong arms wrap around me.

"Go away," I sniffle.

"No," Liam hugs me tighter.

"You know I hate crying in front of people."

"I know. But you know you don't really have a choice."

I sniff again, knowing Liam is right. He's never let me suffer alone. He's always comforted me when I needed him. And right now, I needed him.

"I'm going to hug you, and you're probably going to get snot and tears all over your shirt, but you brought this on yourself," I warn him.

He lets me turn around in his arms, and I bury my face in his chest. I hug him as much as I can, but I really just have one arm over his waist because I don't have the energy for anything else.

I cry into his chest, and he starts running his hand through my hair. We stay like that until there's not tears anymore, but I'm still hiccuping slightly.

"Feeling better?" Liam asks softly.

"N-No."

"Do you want me to spend the night here?"