𝐢𝐢𝐢 | the overthinker

══════════════════

══════════════════

𝟎𝟑 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐫 ── ««

I'm...just not gonna ask.

══════════════════

              TIME SEEMS TO FLY WHEN you're distracted by the conflicts that rest in front of your eyes. The human brain was built for people to think. It was made for us to evaluate occurrences that don't seem normal. It's like a reflex that you were able to obtain from the moment you come out the womb, and then it's ripped away from you when you go six-feet underground. It can be good or bad, but it all depends on the thinking process. For example, overthinking. Your mind races and is filled with the different outcomes and thoughts of that situation, making it hard to stay in one place. Hands become fidgety, drops of sweat run down your forehead, eyebrows begin to squint even more than before. Everything is different and much much worse.

One thing Satoria learned was that no matter what you do in life, thinking will always have to be the first step. It was her go–to. She had to think about something before doing anything else. It never failed her before, and she knows it wouldn't fail her this time.

Overthinking was something she seemed to be doing a lot lately. Thinking about the past, thinking about the future, and thinking about the present. It all seems to come to her head when she tries to go about her day.

What was she thinking about, you ask? That's a great question.

Theodore Ares Porter.

When she first saw him she felt her whole world slowly come into place. Her stomach gave her a fuzzy feeling that made her love it and hate it at the same time. With his rosy cheeks and small nose, she almost forgot how she used to picture him during their school days and how constantly she used to do it.

In her dreams, during tests, when she studied, even in the shower―she never failed to imagine his unique face. At the time, it seemed like something that happened on a daily basis. It was reassuring to her knowing that everywhere she went and looked his face always popped up in her mind.

But she felt angry when she did it again for the first time in almost five years.

Satoria was minding her own business with her gray sweatpants and cropped t-shirt, she had her hair in her typical pineapple hairstyle. Tori had her car keys tightened around her palm as the other one opened the stainless steel fridge. Her brown eyes automatically landed on the unopened apple slices that were left for her young nephew.

Apple slices―she thought. Theo loved apple slices. In fact, she used to always pack him a little Ziploc bag of them since his maid usually forgot to pack them, and he was too nice to confront her about it. So he just left his girlfriend to do it for him.