09. plans plans plans; to see a real smile

♗ ♔ ♕ ♘

ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏ ᴀ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ᴄᴜᴅᴅʟᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴇᴄᴋ. Norman and you still in the same position you fell asleep in, in the tower. You winced as you try to sit up, your back hurting a bit from resting on the harsh stone wall.

Norman stirs, and tightens his arms around you, you smile and pet his hair. Yesterday must've made him so tired... you're glad he got to sleep well. Now, you are nervous about what he and Emma will now do. But you guess that you and Ray will discuss this later.

You try to pull him off you and you hear Norman whine, gripping onto you even tighter.

"C'mon, Norman, I know you're awake by now," you chuckle.

"ⁿᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ, ˡᵉᵗˢ ˢᵗᵃʸ ʰᵉʳᵉᵉᵉᵉ, ʸ/ⁿⁿⁿⁿⁿ," he says in a small voice, face buried in your neck.

"We have to go set up breakfast..."

"I'm still asleep.. shhh," he whispers.

You laugh, and then you pull his face in front of you, pulling and squishing his cheeks, "You're such a baby Norman~"

The boy pulls away from you and pouts, you don't miss the fact that his eyes are still a little puffy and pink from crying, but you don't say anything about it.

You two stand up and stretch, your back cracking and Norman cringing at the noise. 

"My god, are you an old lady or something?"

You lightly poke his side, "Tch! Says you! With you're old man white hair!"

Norman laughs, "Hey! I was born with it white! That's not fair!"

"Fairness was never an option when you spoke the words, 'you', 'old lady.'"

"Okay, okay, you're not old...", he looks to you as if excepting you to reply.

You jokingly cross your arms, "I'll forgive you maybe."

"Mabyeeeee??"

"Maybe."

Norman sighs, a smile adorning his face, "I'll take it I guess."

You and Norman start to head down to the dining room where everyone else is starting to get ready for breakfast.

Emma can't help but feel her knees tremble, her lip quiver when she sees Mama. Her wonderful loving Mama, who is the caretaker of this... farm that Emma has learned the orphanage actually is. Mama with her soft purple eyes and her 'I love you's and her lies. Emma can't help but think about little Conny when Mama talks to the younger children.

As Emma is about to start to feel her breath quicken and panic start to surface her eyes meet yours. You and Norman smiling and laughing like nothing happened. 

'Well of course Y/N would be like nothing happened... she doesn't know. But Norman...how can he act like that??'

When you see Emma's wide eyes and the small tremble in her hands that carry plates you bound over to her. Placing your hands on her cheeks, pulling them up to a smile.

"Morning Emma, smile! I haven't seen you since dinner," you say in a soft voice.

Emma chuckles and smiles, you are almost never this touchy and loving, it's almost as if you knew she was having a hard time. She pinches your own cheeks, "Oh Y/N! You're so cute! No wonder Norman li-"