26. gone too far; not given enough

♗ ♔ ♕ ♘

ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴜɴʟɪᴋᴇʟʏ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ ꜰᴇᴡ ᴅᴀʏꜱ, mostly likely barely 48 hours since you've been in the room. Your head only aches, the first couple of hours hurt the most. It was like sitting in a small room filled wall to wall with speakers, and they all are playing different radio station at one hundred percent at the same time.

Though your head aches you block most of it out. It feels like overlapping of only a couple voices, not an entire army of thoughts.

You feel blood drip from your ears and slowly reach down your neck, it's been like that the last couple of hours: blood dipping, drying, and dripping again.

Somehow, you can hear everything clearer, before you could only hear thoughts at a semi-faded level unless you really focused. You hear voices better too, as well as the electricity buzz in the lights above you, and the next room over.

"She's ready sir. It's been thirty-four hours. Look at the charts, she's starting to focus." Dr. Dolores.

Six rooms over.

"Oh my, does that mean she can hear us?" Ratri.

"Possibly."

"How wonderful, so not only can she here external noise more clearly, but internal as well?"

"Yes. She should."

You pass out.

You wake to hear coughing, and you start to feel your own throat start to itch and burn. It's on the far eastside of the facility.

 Your head aches even more, you feel fear, then numb. 

'Blood again...'

"Norman...?" you whisper. You recognize this feeling, it's his emotions, his voice.

Something small clatters on the ground, and you feel shaky. Well, he does, he is shaky, and doubt creeps inside him, so does a fear that he may be hallucinating.

"Y..../N?"

It's his voice, his voice aloud. It sounds so nice after so long. 

You pass out, again.

♗ ♔ ♕ ♘

Norman hastily picks up the lighter he dropped, shoving it in his pocket. Was that what he thought it was? Your whisper?

It was the gentlest noise he's ever heard, well, the most he's heard your voice in what feels like trillions of days. It was so soft... so much so that he could barely hear it.

Norman was feeling so empty when you were gone, but it feels like he's finally regained a part of himself he didn't even know was gone.

His head aches, it's a pain that he guess isn't his own.

"Y/N?" 

He tries to call for you in the same soft voice, nervous that he might scare you away if he speaks any louder.

The silence weighs heavily in the air as Norman waits for a response.

Nothing. 

Did he imagine it? Is he finally losing his sanity??