13. what i've become; a puppeteer

♗ ♔ ♕ ♘

ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛꜱ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ, are they yours or are they mine? The strings you pull, how do you know you aren't being pulled? In the game you play, all the chess pieces have been laid.

LaLaLaLaLa, I can't hear you, I can't hear you. 

I can't hear me, I can't hear me.

In the game of strategy and sacrifice, how far are you willing to go? How bad are you willing to be?

Is this your thinking or is it really me?

You think you are in control, but only 'cause I'm so good at pulling strings.

♗ ♔ ♕ ♘

While you and Ray do laundry together you mumble something he doesn't quite catch.

"Come again?"

"Norman knows it's you."

Ray's eyes widen, "Wait- what? How do you know??"

You tap your ear and Ray raises an eyebrow, not realizing that you would go as far as choosing a side that isn't Norman's.

"Oh."

"He's going to confront you alone, I hear him playing out all the different scenarios."

Ray only nods, "I see."

"You should make a deal with him."

"Huh?"

You continue to scrub the white clothing and say, "You are his biggest ally and enemy. So you're in the most power out of all of us, you know, being Mom's spy."

"So you think that's when I should tell him that it'll only be the four of us going. Or else I'll just tell Mom," Ray says in surprise, how far ahead have you been thinking??

'The three of you.'

"Exactly. Other than me, you're a big threat so it's guaranteed to work."

Ray wonders why you keep bringing up how much power he holds over you all, what is your angle?

"Ray, Y/N, what're you talking about, you seem deep in thought," Norman walks over and helps cleaning the others you and Ray haven't done yet.

"We were talking about what the traitor's motive might be," you lie through your teeth.

Ray hums in agreement, impressed with how level you sound, like you knew what was going to interest Norman. 

You did.

"Interesting... what did you come up with?"

Ray talks, taking over, "Immunity is most likely the answer."

It's not.