21. calypso and me; where are you going?

♗ ♔ ♕ ♘

קคгՇ 2 of ฬђєгє เร ๓ץ ๓เภ๔?

๖ є ງ เ ภ 

♗ ♔ ♕ ♘

"ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ʏ/ɴ," ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ and lift your chin up, erasing any sort of expression from your face. 

'Don't be scared.'

"Mr. Ratri."

He smiles again, a strand of your hair slipping from his fingers as he stands up straight. 

"Now, now, Y/N, why the poker face? Don't you miss your dear old home?"

'So this is where you cam from', Norman watches carefully for your reaction, but it's the most blank it's ever been.

"...Yes sir." 

Mr. Ratri smiles and you hate it. You hate it.  You hate it.  You hate it.  You hate it.  You hate it.

He folds his hands together, "Well, I think it's time we get a move on so you two can settle in your new home! Though, you'll be in separate places..."

Norman glances at you but you don't spare any looks to him.

"Say goodbye now~."

You turn and your eyes are void of emotion except for a small tremble of fear Norman catches.

"Goodbye Norman."

Norman furrows his eyebrows, "Goodbye Y/N."

Is that it? A robotic farewell? No crying or hugging or "I'll miss you"s, or "stay strong"s"?? 

Just, Goodbye? Is that all you really had to say to him???

Of course, it isn't. You can hear these disappointed thoughts and it is tearing you apart. You had so much to say to him, but it would be better if he didn't know how much you cared for the ocean-eyed boy, Norman will understand one day. You are trying to save him from being used as a pawn for them to hang over your head.

You are protecting him.

There is a knock on a door and Mr. Ratri spoke up, "Come in!"

A tall woman in a lab coat walked in with a box, she opened it and revealed two syringes. You felt Norman start to freak out, as he didn't know what they were going to do.

It seems that Mr. Ratri also saw that Norman was antsy, "Oh! Apologies, but we will have to momentarily put you to sleep to take you into the lab," his smile drops, "Wouldn't want our little mice to skitter away~, no would we?"

The question is aimed at Norman.

"No, sir."

Again with the damn smile, "Glad you understand, Now, Y/N goes first! Be a good example dear."

You nod, pull down the neck of your shirt and allow the doctor to inject the syringe, your eyelids grow heavy and Norman watches as you grow limp into the doctor's arms, the suitcase you were carrying falling to the floor.

A man in a white lab coat comes out of another door, doing the same to Norman, his vision blurring and his yes closing before he can see you disappear into another room.