02|My Girl

"So Mendoza, how was your first day yesterday?" Hector claps my shoulder as we walk to class

"So Mendoza, how was your first day yesterday?" Hector claps my shoulder as we walk to class. I met him during the summer when I got to meet the whole team. He is one hell of a player. He's a Junior and plays goalkeeper. Pretty much out of the whole team I really only talk to him and Emilio. Emilio's a Senior so I only see him during Soccer or just walking around.

Everyone on the team is super chill. I thought it would be hard to get along with them but it was the total opposite. They all would hype me up whenever coach had us playing one on one to see what skills we each had.

Now if we wanna talk about someone who will go hard on you. Then that's Coach Enzo. Man he does not play. Everyday I would get home from practice, Alison would insist on massaging my legs since I was sore. I would tell her I was fine but she would end up doing it. She didn't want me to wake up having a cramp in the middle of the night.

She always has random thoughts running around her head. I love her.

"It was much better than I expected," I responded back to Hector. He nodded his head and took his phone out of his pocket.

"Well I gotta go but I'll see you during soccer," He pats my back and turns the other way. I was about to reach the classroom anyway. From what I've heard from the other guys on the team. Hector is the crazy and random one. He kind of reminds me of Adam, I'm sure if they meet they would get along.

Adam ended up coming here to school with Alison and I, but we haven't really seen him since he's occupied with football practice. Maybe he has a class with Alison but she hasn't texted me telling me or anything.

Life has been great ever since we moved in together. I've never been happier and I'm glad I met Alison when I did. She's amazing.

My phone vibrates in my pocket as I'm entering the building. I take it out and look down at the screen. It's Alison.

Alison <3: GUESS WHAT! Adam is in one of my classes! I invited him over this weekend to the apartment since you haven't seen him. Is that okay?

I shake my head lightly when I'm done reading the message. She always asks for permission and I always have to tell her we both live there, not just me. Before I answer back, I walk to the classroom so I can just sit down and answer the message. My eyes scan over the classroom to find an extra seat. I spot an empty seat next to a guy. Well he seems pretty chill so let's just sit there.

"Is anybody sitting here?" I ask the guy and he just shakes his head. I set my backpack on the table and took a seat.

There's still like five minutes before class starts. Just enough time to reply back to Ali.

You don't have to ask Ali. Of course it's fine for Adam to come over.

After I send the message, I set my phone down on the table and begin to take out my journal and pencil for the class. The phone vibrates and lights up. I already know it's Alison so I continue doing what I'm doing. But my movements freeze when I hear the person beside me speak up.