14| Why Me?

WARNING : Abusive Relationship

One Month

"Xavier and I are finally dating, after months of having a crush on him, we're finally together. Everything is just perfect, you would think since I don't really talk to anyone he would choose someone else other than me. But he chose me at the end.

Other girls stare at me with disgust when I pass by them in the hallway, but Xavier always makes me feel better.

"Okay I'm ready to go," I step out of my restroom and pull down my skirt a little. Xavier looks up from his phone and scans my outfit although he seems different this time. His eyes hold anger almost as if I say one more thing he'll explode.

"Change," his deep voice says. I look up at him in confusion and look at myself in the mirror.

"Do you not like it?" Xavier slowly walks up behind me, his hands grab my hips, his lips connect to the side of my neck, but his eyes never leave mine.

"Oh I love it. I just don't want anyone seeing you like this."

"But it isn't that short, it's past my fingertips. See." I look down at my hands and quickly look back up only to find him staring at me with a serious expression.

"Change." He whispers and kisses the space behind my ear. I nod, I grab some jeans and make my way back to the restroom to quickly change. When I walk back out, Xavier is already there looking me up and down.

"That's better," I send him a small smile and look down at my feet. Xavier grabs my chin lightly and makes me look up at him. He has an innocent look on, one that makes me forget about what just happened a few minutes ago.

"Smile. A pretty girl like you shouldn't be seen frowning."

Even though I don't want to, I do as he says.

~

Three Months

After what happened last month, I've been careful with what I wear when we go out. I mean I'm not doing it for him, he has a point, I shouldn't be wearing things like that when I'm already in a relationship.

Standing in the hallway putting stuff in my locker, I wait for Xavier to meet up with me so he can take me home. Today has just been draining, all I wanna do is sleep. As I close my locker, a familiar face stops beside me.

"Adrian," I say with a smile.

"Hey Sage," he says softly while rubbing the back of his neck. I turn my body towards him and nod my head to encourage him to keep talking. A chuckle tumbles out of his lips and he looks at everything and everywhere but me.

"I've been wanting to talk to you. It's been kinda hard since Xavier and you are always together."

Is that such a bad thing? I love spending time with Xavier, I've never felt this way for anyone before, Xavier makes me feel alive.