11| I'm Good Enough

Alison fell asleep for a few minutes before waking up crying again

Alison fell asleep for a few minutes before waking up crying again. She told me what happened at the cafe. She told me how she felt insecure, how Sage isn't who I think she is. It broke my heart seeing her like that. She's never had a breakdown like that in front of me, and I never want to see her like that ever again. The stuff Sage said was not right, she wasn't even at practice that day. It made me realize that I shouldn't be friends with Sage.

Even if she's nice to me, I can't accept the fact she's rude to Alison behind my back. I'm so mad at myself for not realizing this before. For not trusting Alison, for yelling at her the day after the party. She didn't even do anything with Javier, I was insecure, I thought she would find someone better than me.

I can't even sleep right now. Looking down at Alison in my arms, her eyes are puffy, her lips are pouting a bit, her eyebrows furrowed. She's dreaming. Whenever she looks mad while sleeping, she's dreaming. I love her so much.

"I'm sorry for not believing you." I whisper softly to her. My fingers brush back some curls away from her face. She's sound asleep, she's been in the same position ever since she closed those brown eyes again. Her chest moves up and down at an even pace, her breath tickles my skin. My pretty girl. I can't imagine what it would be like without her. I would be a mess.

"I love you so much. I'm sorry for not believing you." I didn't trust her, I feel like such an asshole for not trusting her. Together. That's what we said, and I'm planning to keep that. And if I fuck up, which I won't, I won't ever forgive myself. She's the best thing that's happened to me. She helps me through everything, with my Dad, with soccer, just her loving me shows me that I'm good enough.

I grew up thinking Mom left because she didn't love us anymore. She left without saying goodbye, I thought I wasn't good enough to be her son. Dad told me it wasn't true, that I was worth everything to him. That I'm his life. I guess that's why I get so worried about him. Even though he would tell me that stuff, I was still so heartbroken.

And then Alison came into my life, obviously I didn't tell her right away. It was before we graduated when I told her. That night I realized I wasn't alone, she helped me through my first panic attack, she helped me release everything I kept bottled up inside.

"Can we talk?" Alison stands by the end of my bed. I guess Miguel let her in. Her eyes are red and puffy like she's been crying. Her cheeks are red like she's been rubbing her tears away. I don't know how I could've let this go so far. I need to tell her.

"Yeah," I sit up and she walks towards me. I rest against my head board, she sits down and looks down at her lap. She keeps rubbing her hands together, that's what she does whenever she's nervous.

"If I did anything Alejandro," her voice shakes as she begins to talk. "I'm sorry." She turns the other way so I can't see her face but I know she's crying. Her hands move up to her face and I hear her sniffle. I lean forward and wrap my arms around her, her hands are still covering her face as she lays her head on my chest.