10| Sage, Sage, Sage

"So I was thinking, maybe I could get a job at the café at school

"So I was thinking, maybe I could get a job at the café at school." It's been a month in school already and all I do is wake up, go to school, study, and come back home. I've been thinking about it for a while now, ever since they put up a hiring sign.

"I don't know Alison," Alejandro says from the bathroom. I roll over face down onto our bed. I knew he was gonna say that. "What about your assignments? You've been getting a lot for your fashion class."

"But I've been able to do them on time, Ale. It'll be the same. Look, I have two classes on Tuesday so I can work after classes. On Thursday it's the same thing." What he said is true, I have been getting a lot of assignments lately. But I've managed to do every single one on time and get a good grade on them.

"But you're gonna be tired," I feel the bed lower and warm hand on my back. "Are you sure you wanna work?"

I look up to meet those light brown eyes I love. "Yes I wanna work, plus we could have extra money just in case for emergencies. And I can learn how to make better coffee."

A laugh tumbles out of his lips and my heart glows at the sound. His light brown hair is ruffled and damp since he just got out of the shower. My eyes scan down his toned body and butterflies form in my stomach. His fingers grasp my chin and lift my head up till I meet his eyes.

"My eyes are up here babe," I bite my bottom lip and look up at him through my lashes. His thumb pulls my bottom lip out from between my teeth. The distance between us starts to close. Our lips fit together just like puzzle pieces.

He moves on top of me without disconnecting our lips . My arms instinctively wrap around his back and pull him closer to my body.

"Ow," he mutters on my lips and I push him back a little.

"Ow? What's wrong?" He shakes his head and lets out a nervous laugh.

"It's nothing. I just fell at practice and someone fell on top of me since the game was still going on. Their knee hit my back but it's fine Ali don't worry about it. Just sore." He leans back in but I place a hand on his chest.

"Let me see." I hate it when he gets hurt. Even if it's just a bruise, I don't like seeing him in pain. Every sport has its risks. This small incident could've been a big one.

"Alison it's just sore-"

"I've already told you it doesn't matter. Now lay down on your stomach, there's probably a bruise and you just aren't telling me." With a groan, he moves off of me and lands onto my side of the bed. My eyes begin to scan his back, straddling his back, I lean down closer to see if there's any bruise.

A purple bruise paints his light skin by his right shoulder. How could I have not noticed a bruise there before? "When did this happen?"

"The beginning of the week, but it doesn't hurt anymore. It's just sore like I told you." My fingers lightly touch the area, the yellow hue means it's healing already which is good. I lay down next to him and his head turns to face me.