Chapter one - Inspiration

(AN - First chapter is a bit long, just so you know)

Tommy stared blankly at the cement wall, his brows knit and biting his lip. He held a spray paint can at the ready, his finger tapping eagerly on the cap as he thought of what he could create.
He tried to imagine colors and shapes that could splatter and decorate the bland wall, but his mind turned blank.
The blonde scowled to himself, he felt as if each crack on the grey cement that surrounded the alley was mocking him.
He felt the speckles of dirt that littered the ground  jeer at him as he continued to contemplate on what he could do.

"You gonna make out with the wall or something?" 

Tommy quickly turned around, eyes laying upon a small brunette.
His black sweater was smeared with yellow spray paint, looking almost luminent in the pale moonlight. His dark blue eyes were filled with excitement, and he wore a mischievous grin. He was tossing a spray can in his hand, letting it spin mid air before landing safely in his palm.

Tommy scoffed, turning back toward the wall.
"Shut up, Tubbo. I just don't have any inspiration."
A hand landed upon Tommy's shoulder, and an amused chuckle escaped Tubbo's lips.

" 's alright, big man! We have our days. You'll find something eventually."
Tommy just sighed, tearing his eyes away from the wall to look down at his feet.

He needed new shoes.

Tubbo's hand traced down Tommy's arm, taking a hold of his wrist and tugging him further down the dark alley.
"C'mon, I want to show you what I did!" He smiled, dragging Tommy further into the narrow ally.

Tommy couldn't help but smile a little as they came upon a colorful wall, freshly painted with vivid and neon colors that glowed in the evening light.
There, the figure of a woman sat on a large yellow throne, a beautiful black dress brushed with glittering gold flowing beneath her. Rubies shined from her crown, and she held a long staff with a beautiful rose blooming from the tip. Though, there was a catch.

Her head was one of a bee.

Tommy couldn't help the cackle that escaped his lips as he noticed the bee head, and he watched as Tubbo snapped his head to him, eyes filled with curious glee.

"What? Do you like it?"
Tommy chuckled lightly, ruffling the smaller boy's brown locks.
"I love it, big man, you did real nice!"
A pair of quick footsteps made the two jump, and they turned to see a tall, skinny boy standing sheepishly above them. His bleached hair was beginning to fade, the roots turning jet black and streaking the pale locks. Almost half of his face has a lighter tone than the other, and his skin was splotched with darker tones. 

"Oh, hey there." He smiled gently, his grey eyes lighting up. Tommy gave a brief nod while Tubbo gave him a quick punch in the arm, his smile widening.

"Ranboo! Where've you been? It's been like hooouurrrss!" Tubbo said, exaggerating on the last word.

Ranboo rubbed the spot where he was punched and sighed, a smile creeping upon his lips. "Tubbo, it was 25 minutes ago. Also, I was painting."

"Oh, were you?" Tubbo cocked his head to the side, curious. As Tommy observed him a little more, he could see Ranboo was indeed painting; specks of purple and green paint dappled his pale pink jacket, the once formidable varsity jacket now worn and adorned with make-shift patches. It dripped down the fabric, soaking into the folds and smearing into the seams.

"Yeah. You guys wanna see?" He asked, and though he seemed anxious Tommy could see the eagerness blooming inside his grey eyes. They followed him down a little farther down the dim alley, eventually reaching Ranboo's painting. A leather book sat in the center of the piece, a large sea-green eye embroidered in it, staring eerily at Tommy. A large, white feather rested gently beside the book, ink dripping off the tip. A bottle of ink was spilled nearby, and it's contents were written in neat cursive beneath it: 'Knowledge is power.'