Chapter 12 - A Restless Night

(AN - Very short and very angsty chapter my buddy 'ol pals. Prepare your selves for my attempt at Angst [: )

TW - Mentions of suicide

"Mmm— favorite animal, besides a bee?"

"Probably a goat."

"Why's that?"

"They defy the laws of physics and their very existence goes against reality."

Wilbur furrowed his brows, shifting his gaze from the ceiling to look at the small brunette which lay on his bed, the boy's navy eyes still focused on the ceiling above.

"...okay then."

Tubbo scoffed. "Don't judge me, ya prick."

"You stole my bed, I get to judge you all I want."

"Fair point."

The two had been up for a while now, talking and joking with each other to replace the silence of the night. Since it was insisted Tubbo was given a bed, Tommy made the decision of switching with him.

Tubbo's head had begun to hurt and so a headache intercepted his ability to sleep, and Wilbur decided to stay up with the boy, figuring he couldn't exactly sleep either.
The day had been long, and though he felt like a bag of rocks Wilbur's mind was up and buzzing.

"Ranboo called me a goat once. He said it's 'cause I show affection by hurting people."

Wilbur let out an amused huff. "Is that so?"

"Yeah. I punched him after that." Tubbo chuckled.

Wilbur rolled his eyes.

"He also called Tommy a raccoon because he always wanted to look through the trash— always said 'One man's trash is another's treasure!' " Tubbo said the last part in an announcer voice with a sly smile.

Wilbur laughed quietly, shushing Tubbo with a gentle tone. "Shush, you'll wake everybody up!"

"Sorry sorry—" Tubbo giggled.

"Well, what about Ranboo? What animal is he?" Wilbur questioned, adjusting his sleeping position.

"Well, Tommy called him a pussy after that— and honestly I agree!" Tubbo chirped.

It took everything Wilbur had in him not to burst out laughing, all that escaped his lips was rasped wheezes that were muffled by his pillow.

"No, seriously! He reminds me kinda of a cat!" Tubbo's voice quickly lowered again as he reached the end of his sentence.

Wilbur was just about done with his laughing fit, his eyes teary as he coughed as quietly as he could.
"Oh yeah? Why's that?"

Tubbo shrugged. "I dunno, he just d o e s ."

The two shared a hushed laugh before a comfortable silence fell over them, the two enjoying the gentle breeze that flowed through Wilbur's cracked window, gently swaying the curtains and pinching at the pair's skin.

"...how did you guys meet Ranboo, anyway?" Tubbo went still at the question, the small smile that sat plastered on his lips fading as his eyes widened ever so slightly.

Wilbur continued, curiosity lacing his soft voice. "I mean, don't get me wrong— you and Tommy are great, but it doesn't feel like a guy like Ranboo should be in this... situation. He's a good kid— no offense."

Tubbo shifted. "None taken— you're right. Ranboo is good. And... and he doesn't deserve this. Any of this."

Wilbur almost winced at the sudden sadness that flowed between Tubbo's words.