Chapter 4 - Meeting their Rescuers

Wilbur listened to the boy's steady breathing, watching as his eyelids twitched. He couldn't help but smile as he stared. He wanted to run his fingers through Tommy's golden locks, but hesitated.
Here was a random kid that Phil had picked off the streets, and Wilbur was treating him like a lost puppy. Wilbur sighed, irritated how quickly his views could be tainted. He closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose with the hand that wasn't holding Tommy.

"Still want to throw him out?" Wilbur glanced up to see Phil's smug smile, eyes gleaming with delight.
Wilbur scoffed, adjusting his arm slightly.

"I never wanted to throw him out I just-- I just don't get it. If you're right, then that means this kid likely lived in the building. We checked the backpacks, they were so packed stuff flew out when we unzipped it! All three of them!" Wilbur ran his hand through his hair, fingers shifting through tangled brown curls.
"I.. I guess I feel bad. This kid-- Tommy-- who exactly is he..?"

Phil nodded slowly, his expression one of curiosity. Something else flared in his eyes, though Wilbur couldn't quite figure out what.
The beach blonde gazed at Tommy, a small smile forming on his lips.

"Doesn't matter. He's here now, and we're taking care of him for the time being." He walked toward the place where the two boys sat, and ruffled Tommy's hair.
Tommy stirred slightly, groaning softly and leaning further into Wil's sweater.

Wilbur hesitated for a moment before relaxing once more. He had no care for what Tommy was doing, but he was more concerned about the blonde's boundaries than his own.

"...What about Techno? He's not gonna be happy about this.." Wilbur didn't even know how Techno would react.
He didn't get to talk to Techno very often anymore.
You think twins would know each other better.

You thought wrong.

"He'll be fine. He can deal with it." Phil answered, his smile never faltering as he brushed the hair out of Tommy's eyes.

Wilbur just nodded. In all honesty, he was nervous. So terribly nervous. What would they do? What would Techno think? Who are these kids?
And the worst question of all...

What comes next?

"...H..Hello?"

Wilbur and Phil looked to see a tall, lanky boy standing nervously in the doorframe, his expression apologetic and fearful. White hair was streaked with dark black, and a few freckles dappled his cheeks.

"E-excuse me, but..." He glanced around the room, though his eyes fell upon the window. He eyed it down before speaking again.

"...where am I?"

+~~~~~+

"Okay-- so you're telling me you saw three children sprinting out of a crumbling building, crying-- and you decide to take them home?" Ranboo took a sip of his hot chocolate.

Ranboo, Phil, and Wilbur were sitting at the dining table. Ranboo, though still tired, had far too many questions to even think about sleeping.

He didn't need sleep, he needed answers.

Phil and Wilbur had been trying to answer as best as they could, though it proved to be quite difficult-- they didn't really know either.

"Look, mate-- I was just watching the demolition and I saw you guys run out. I couldn't just leave you!" Phil smiled. "Besides, you're the one that walked with me to the apartment-- you carried the brown hair guy."

"Brown haired-- Tubbo? Wait, I walked with you?" Ranboo cocked his head to the side, confused on what the blonde meant.

"Well, yeah! I asked if you needed help, and you nodded. You walked here with me-- didn't say much though." Phil observed Ranboo, puzzled on what the tall boy meant.