Chapter 17 - Lost

(Cough

It's uh

It's been a while

I felt very bad for just kinda leaving, but school has really put a lot of weight on my shoulders and guess who's the middle man between not one, but two friend groups who are both having extreme issues

Anyway, I slapped some words on a giggle doc and I hope you enjoy it because well it really isn't that great lmao

I present to you

(Probably) The Messiest chapter I've ever written, made over a series of 5 weeks

Enjoy?)

(Also small announcement at the end!)

.

Two weeks.

He had been missing for two weeks.

Two long, torturous weeks of searching for him.
And nothing.

Absolutely nothing popped up.

Tubbo sat on the living room couch, slouched over and digging his nails into the creases of his palm as he anxiously thought, his eyes glued to the TV, which wasn't even on.

In the time Tommy had been gone, nearly everything had gone to shit.

Ranboo went quiet after the first two days, saying nothing except a few mumbles to Tubbo and coos to Micheal whenever they played. Whenever he wasn't 'talking,' he'd be writing in his journal— scratching away with a pen and never daring to let anyone see.

Phil had overbooked himself time and time again, going to his job as a form of distraction in hopes of releasing his stress.

Techno had been gone most days; from what he told them he was either looking for Tommy or having a boxing match with one of his old friends— likely to let out some anger.

Tubbo had gotten in contact with Purpled only a few hours after Tommy ran off, the dirty blonde asking if Tubbo could steal his lighter away from Tommy because he apparently took it to mess with him.

Of course, the moment he was told the news Purpled hung up the phone and, as expected, searched non-stop for two days until Tubbo finally dragged him back to their apartment so he could get some rest, something the violet boy hadn't gotten in over 48 hours.

And of course, Tubbo.

He didn't know anymore.

He spent a lot of his time crying— usually into a pillow while he fell asleep.
Sometimes Ranboo would hold him, or he would hold Micheal.

He missed his best friend.

He missed his brother.

He couldn't stop thinking of where Tommy may be, who he may be with.
If he was even here at all anymore.

Tears began to prick at Tubbo's eyes as the thought suddenly occurred to him.

What if someone had found him?

What if he had gotten in trouble?

What if he was dead?

Tubbo's hands flew to his face as he gripped his hairline, salty drops suddenly streaming down his flushed skin as he sucked in a sharp breath. He could feel himself shaking, trembling as his breaths began to quicken and were replaced by hiccups. He covered his eye with his hand, scowling at himself as he felt his tears leaking through his hand and rolling down to his wrist.